Honey Roasted Almonds is a delicious snack, which is perfect for parties or even for gifting. It is packed with flavors and nutrients.
Follow us on Pinterest for delicious pins. Join our Facebook group for more Instant Pot and Air Fryer Recipes.
Honey Roasted Almonds is a delicious snack made with Almonds, Sugar, Honey, and Oil. Perfect munch on during a Movienight or a Match.
It is so addictive and we can't just stop on, It is a great snack for the evening.
What is Honey Roasted Almonds:
Almonds are cooked in a honey sauce and then coated with sugar. Traditionally granulated white sugar is used for the honey roasted almonds. But it can be definitely replaced with Brown sugar or Coconut Sugar.
We usually receive goodie bags in Office during festivals either Candied Nuts or Honey Roasted Almonds will be there.
It is like a temptation , As soon as we open the goodies bag the nuts are the ones to disappear first.
Variations in Candied Almonds:
So many variations can be done with these humble Candied Almonds, We can add Cardamom powder or Cinnamon or Nutmeg powder.
Also, cocoa powder can be added to make it as Chocolate Honey Roasted Almonds. I have a similar post coming soon on Chocolate Flavor, So watch this space.
Is it okay to use Almonds with Skin:
The skin of Almonds contains tannins a molecule, which prevents us from using the complete nutrients of Almonds, also skin is hard to digest which is why we soak the almonds and peel the skins, and then consume the Almonds.
However Almond skin has few health benefits, It prevents LDL cholesterol from being oxidized, which is very important for health,
It also lowers the cholesterol level and is good for our Skin.
So yes, Once in a while it is okay to include Almond skin as well in our food.
Similar Almond Recipes:
Click to check more Almond Recipes in my blog.
Check the video for Candied Almonds in Pan:
How to prepare Honey Roasted Almond ,Pictorial
- Heat a pan, Once hot add in ½ cup of almonds. Roast the almonds until they are fragrant and toasted. It may take about 12 to 15 mins.
- Combine Salt and Sugar in a bowl and set aside.
3. In another bowl add in the Water, Oil and honey and combine well until it forms a homogeneous mixture.
4. Heat a pan and then add in the honey solution. Cook in a low flame and cook till it starts to boil. Once it starts to boil add in the toasted Almonds.
5. Cook until the moisture is completely evaporated and the honey is fully coating the Almonds. It will take approximately 5-7 mins
6. Transfer the Almonds to a bowl and add in the salt and sugar mixture. Combine evenly
7. Transfer these almonds to a parchment paper and spread evenly with the almonds not touching each other.
8. Let it dry completely and then store in air tight containers.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ? You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram,Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Honey Roasted Almonds
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- ½ cup Almonds
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1.5 tbsp Honey
- Heat a pan , Once hot add in ½ cup of almonds.
- Roast the Almonds until they are fragrant and toasted. It may taake about 12 to 15 mins.
- Combine Salt and Sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl add in the Water, Oil and honey and combine well until it forms a homogenous Mixture.
- Heta a pan and then add in the honey solution.Cook in a low flame and cook till it starts to boil.Once it starts to boil add in the toasted Almonds.
- Cook intl the moisture is completey evaporated and the honey is fully coated over the Almonds.It will take approximately 5-7 mins
- Transfer the Almonds to a bowl and add in the salt and sugar mixture. Combine evenly
- Transfer these almonds to a parchment paper and spread evenly with the almonds not touching each other. Let it dry completely and then store in air tight containers.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.
Hi, I have few of questions :-
1.Roasting of almonds is necessary or it’s ok if we don’t roast them, as my family is not a fan of roasted almonds.
2. Can we use other nuts too along with almonds like pistachios, pecans etc. ?
Roasting of almonds adds up to the taste of the dish and I prefer doing it.. But you can definitely experiment with it.
Yes definitely you can use other nuts and a mix of nuts. Make sure you follow the measurements alone correctly..
Love this simple recipe. We eat a lot of almonds at home, usually raw and never roasted. I have some good honey and everything else. I'm going to try this recipe and add new flavors to the almonds at home. Thanks for the inspiration.
These almonds are one of our favorite ways to eat them and such a delicious tasting recipe! Excited to make these here very soon!
These almonds were so easy to make and my kids loved them! Much tastier than store-bought for sure!
I adore honey roasted almonds- one of my favourite snacks. I am going to have to try making this.
I love roasted almonds. It’s the perfect snack. Healthy and so delicious. Better than any chips. I will definitely give your recipe a try. I never tried honey-roasted almonds before.