Onion Raita is a simple but great dish that can be prepared quickly with just onion and yogurt. It pairs well with any Pulao, Biryani, Variety Rice.
Onion Raita Recipe |How to make Onion Raita with step by step pics. Onion Raita is a simple but great dish that can be prepared quickly in no time with just onion and curd. It pairs well with any Pulao, Biryani, Variety Rice.
I usually prepare raita with onions ,but we have lot of variations that can be made and check here for more Raita Recipes.
I simply love all Raita varieties. I can never have my biryani without a raita. It is a must when I prepare biryani.
How to prepare Onion Raita
Delicious Onion raita is now ready to be served. Add Salt just before serving or it may leave water altering the taste of the raita. Goes well with all biryani or pulao. Even tastes good with Paratha
Tips & Variations
- Carefully add the salt to Raita as it requires very small amount.
- You can also add chopped carrot or cucumber to the Raita.
- Black Salt or Roasted Jeera powder can be added to enhance the flavor of the Raita.
- Few pieces of crushed ginger could also be added.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates.
onion raita recipe, how to make onion raita | pyaaz ka raita
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Curd - 1 cup
- Onion – 1 finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Green Chilli – 1 Split lengthwise
- Coriander Leaves to garnish
- Take an onion and slice it lengthwise. After chopping it lengthwise with you hand separate them into individual strands. Likewise chop the green chilli and Coriander leaves also.
- Now take thick curd curd in a bowl and whisk it well and . Meanwhile add the required salt to the onion and leave it for about 10mins this will help the water to release. Discard the water and add the onion to the curd otherwise the Raita may be watery. Add Green chilli and Coriander leaves.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist , the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.
Leave a Reply