Air fryer sweet potato fries are an easy and guilt-free snack made with sweet potato and a few basic spices, A great evening snack.
Sweet Potato Fries Recipe with step by step pictures. There is always a special liking for chips and fries. Fries in the air fryer is indeed a healthy and guilt-free option. Sweet potato fries are one such snack that we cannot really control eating. It is addictive. It is so simple and easy to prepare snack. So now let's see how to prepare this.
Sweet Potato Fries:
Sweet Potato Fries, is an easy snack that is much easy to prepare with just 4 ingredients. It is Vegan and Gluten-free snacks s well. Get sweet fries to munch on for your game day or move day. It is the best ever quick snack is all I mean.
How to cut Sweet Potato for fries
- First and foremost peel and remove the skin of the sweet potato with a sharp knife or a vegetable peeler.
- Place on a chopping board and cut both the ends of the sweet potato.
- Next, depending on the size of the sweet potato chop them into two half. If this is short or sweet no need to cut them. you can use them as it is. Typically imagine the size of a sweet potato fry should be of the finger size, you can keep that length as the reference and decide if you want to cut it or not.
- Talk the one half of the sweet potato and make a deep cut in the middle of the sweet potato. Next slice the sweet potato parallel to the middle cut with ½ inch thickness.
- If you feel the chopped slices are still big you can chop them further into another half with ¼ inch thickness (Take the below pic as a reference).
How to make sweet potato fries in air fryer
- Clean the sweet potato, scrap and remove the skin. Cut them into two and chop into finger like pieces suitable for frying.
Wash them in water and pat them dry completely without any moisture. Transfer them to a mixing bowl and add in 1 tbsp of oil.
Toss the sweet potatoes, so that they are coated with oil.
Preheat the air fryer and then transfer the sweet potato into the air fryer basket. Air fry them at 200 Deg C for 12 mins. Flip once halfway.
Now transfer the fries back to the mixing bowl and sprinkle in salt and paprika powder or chili powder. Toss them gently so that the fries are coated with spices and salt.
Delicious and guilt-free air fryer sweet potato fries are ready in no time.
Baked Sweet Potato Fries:
Preheat the oven to 356 F (180 Deg C) for about 10 mins and then bake for 30 mins. After 15 min flip the side and bake. This is indeed is another healthy option.
How to cook frozen sweet potato fries in air fryer
If you have some frozen sweet potatoes you can cook them easily in the air fryer by following any one of the below methods.
- Thaw the sweet potato and you may follow the same method mentioned here in the recipe.
- Or you can simply spread the frozen sweet potato in the air fryer basket. Spray oil and cook at 400 F for 13-15 mins, Shake the basket once halfway and cook. After cooking you can further toss with salt and chili powder.
Serve hot with tomato sauce, mayonnaise, or any of your favorite ranch dip.
Other Sweet Potato Recipes:
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates from me.
Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 Sweet Potato
- 1 tbsp cooking Oil
- ½ tsp Chilli powder
- Salt as needed
- Clean the sweet potato, scrap, and remove the skin. Slice them into thin fingers of ½ -¼ inch thickness.
- Wash them in water and pat them dry completely without any moisture. Transfer them to a mixing bowl and add in 1 tbsp of oil. Toss the sweet potatoes, so that they are coated with oil.
- Preheat the air fryer and then transfer the sweet potato into the air fryer basket. Air fry them at 200 Deg C for 12 mins. Flip once halfway.
- Now transfer the fries back to the mixing bowl and sprinkle in salt and paprika powder or chili powder. Toss them gently so that the fries are coated with spices and salt.
- Delicious and guilt-free air fryer sweet potato fries are ready in no time.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.