Air fryer Blueberry Crisp is an easy dessert made with fresh or frozen blueberries. It has a streusel topping with Oats ,flour and usually served with ice cream.
Blueberry crisp easily made in air fryer. This is an easy to make summer delight when the fresh blueberries are in season. All we need is only a handful of ingredients to make this crisp.
Blueberry - Use fresh or frozen blueberry for the crisp. My personal preference is fresh blueberry.
Lemon Juice - Enhances or elevates the taste so highly recommend adding fresh lemon juice.
Sugar - Use powdered granulated sugar. Even Brown sugar works well.
Oats - Use Rolled Oats for the topping. Quick cooking oats does not hold well and steel cut oats takes time to cook.
Flour - We use all purpose flour for the topping.
Brown Sugar - I like to use brown sugar to the topping it gives a beautiful golden texture to the topping.
Melted Better - It is very important to hold the topping.
Both crumble and crisp are baked goodies with a streusel topping. It might have a layer or a mix of the streusel and a fruit layer. The only difference between the crumble and crisp is , crisp has oats in the streusel and crumble does not have. Cobbler on the other hand does not have any topping. All the three recipes almost use the similar ingredients.
Both fresh and frozen blueberries works well for the recipe. I prefer using fresh blueberries when they are in season . If not we can go for frozen blueberries. Frozen blueberries release water while baking. Hence add 1 tbsp of cornstarch while tossing them with sugar and then bake.
Absolutely. We can replace blueberry with any other berries. Strawberry, Raspberry or blackberry works well too. Other fruits like Apple, Pear also works well.
How to make air fryer blueberry crisp
1.Wash blueberries thoroughly and pat them dry in a paper towel. Remove the excess moisture and transfer them to a bowl. add powdered sugar and lemon juice.
2. Toss and combine well and set aside.
3. In another bowl add rolled oats, brown sugar and all purpose flour.
4. Combine everything.
5. To this add melted butter.
6. Mix all the dry ingredients evenly with butter.
7. Now take a baking bowl and spray in oil or butter. Top with the blueberries.
8. Top the blueberries with the prepared oats and sugar crumble.
9. Preheat the air fryer at 200 C or 400 F for 5 mins. Now place the baking tray in air fryer.
10. Air fryer at 180 C or 356 F for 10 mins. Open after 7 mins and check if it's perfect and golden. If not let it air fry for another 2-3 mins.
Let the blueberry crisp cool completely and then serve with a scoop of ice cream.
Tips & Variations
You can replace blueberries with strawberries or raspberry . Apple , Pear also goes well in the crisp.
Let the crisp cool down a bit once they are out of the air fryer and then serve with a scoop of ice cream.
Rather than using soft butter make sure you use unsalted melted butter , it helps in holding the crumb together.
You can also place the topping in clusters rather than spreading it completely.
We can also bake the crisp as individual serving in ramekins.
The same recipe works well in oven too.
You can also add extra chopped nuts for the crunch. Almonds, Pecans, Hazelnuts
Blueberry crisp goes well as a dessert. We can serve with a scoop or ice cream. Other option are whipped cream or praline.
We can store the leftover crisp in the fridge for 2 days. Make sure you cool down completely and then cling wrap and store. The same way we can also freeze it upto 3 months.
If frozen thaw them and reheat in microwave and serve. If not frozen just reheat in microwave and serve
We can also use our air fryer for reheating. If reheating in air fryer , let it air fry at 180 C or 356 F for 1 min.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Air Fryer Blueberry Crisp
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- 1 cup Blueberry fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 3 tbso Rolled Oats
- 1.5 tbsp All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Butter Melted
- Ice cream topping ( optional)
- Wash blueberries thoroughly and pat them dry in a paper towel. Remove the excess moisture and transfer them to a bowl. add powdered sugar and lemon juice.
- Toss and combine well and set aside.
- In another bowl add rolled oats, brown sugar and all purpose flour.
- Combine everything.
- To this add melted butter.
- Mix all the dry ingredients evenly with butter.
- Now take a baking bowl and spray in oil or butter. Top with the blueberries.
- Top the blueberries with the prepared oats and sugar crumble.
- Preheat the air fryer at 200 C or 400 F for 5 mins. Now place the baking tray in air fryer.
- Air fryer at 180 C or 356 F for 10 mins. Open after 7 mins and check if it's perfect and golden. If not let it air fry for another 2-3 mins.
- Let the blueberry crisp cool completely and then serve with a scoop of ice cream.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.