Horse gram Ladoo or Kollu ladoo is is a healthy ladoo .With just 3 ingredients and 15 mins here we prepare a yummy and healthy Ladoo.
2. After the kollu cools down. In a blender add in the jaggery, Cardamom pods and the kollu.
3. Grind it to a coarse paste. Heat a pan with 1 tsp of ghee.
4. Roast the cashew nuts until its golden. Now transfer the kollu paste to a large plate and add the ghee along with the cashew nuts to it.
5. Mix well and then shape them into equal sized ladoos.
Check to see what my fellow bloggers are cooking for Blogging Marathon 108.
No Sugar Horse gram Ladoo Recipe | Kollu Ladoo
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Horse gram / Kollu – 1 cup
- Jaggery – 1 cup
- Cardamom pods – 2
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Cashew nuts – 5 whole cashews
- Heat a pan and dry roast the kollu in a low flame. Roast until the colour changes to brown slightly. Switch off the flame and allow it to cool down completely.
- After the kollu cools down. In a blender add in the jaggery, Cardamom pods and the kollu.
- Grind it to a coarse paste. Heat a pan with 1 tsp of ghee.
- Roast the cashew nuts until its golden. Now transfer the kollu paste to a large plate and add the ghee along with the cashew nuts to it.
- Mix well and then shape them into equal sized ladoos.
- I liked my ladoo to be coarse and hence I grounded the jaggery and kollu together.
- If you prefer a smooth ladoo. Grind the kollu separately into a fine powder and then add in the jaggery and cardamom pods and grind.
- The moisture from the jaggery is enough to shape the ladoo and hence no need to add more ghee.
- You can also add raisins or any other dry fruits to the ladoo.
- Keeps well for 2 weeks. Store in an air tight container.
- Roast the horse gram / Kollu until the colour changes slightly , if you taste the kollu it should be crispy ,this is the right stage to switch off.
These are healthy and delicious ladoos Sharmila.
I've only cooked horsegram once. Never thought of making ladoo with it. Would love to try it!
Beautifully done Kollu ladoos! Easy and healthy one! will try this soon.
I have a pack of horse gram at home. I bought it for rasam and now I have one more recipe to try with it. Laddu looks so good and like the addition of jaggery
Recently I have started cooking dishes with horse gram. This seems like a good one to try. BTW, does the strong flavor of horse gram go away once you roast them here?
so healthy and nutritious ladoo with horse gram. I love jaggery based sweets than sugar and it tastes so good
I am recently into horse gram recipes. Can I use date sugar instead of jaggery ?
Thank you. Will let you know when I make it.
Yes you can use them . Sure let me know how it came out !!