Today being the last day of Lent I am posting this Biryani Brinjal Curry .So guess what tomorrow I will be posting a biryani recipe J for Easter celebration .
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: sidedish
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time :20 mins| Serves: 4 | Author :Sharmila
To Roast and Grind:
3) Next add in the spice powders. Chilli powder, Coriander powder, Turmeric powder and the salt and mix well. Soak the tamarind in water for about 20 mins and squeeze out the water .Add in the tamarind water in the pan and cook till the brinjals become soft.
4) Next Dry roast the peanuts,Sesame seeds and coconut in a pan and cool down then grind that in to a coarse powder. Add the ground masala to the brinjal gravy and mix well. Allow it to simmer for two minutes and switch off the flame.
- You can skip coconut while grinding if you don’t prefer.
- Always use gingelly oil for this recipe as it’s an important ingredient which gives the authentic taste.
- I used white sesame seeds for this recipe. Black sesame seeds could also be used.