Stuffed Brinjal Fry /Gutti Vankaya is an awesome recipe from Andhra Pradesh. The dish has a rich blend of Masala and the masala stuffed in brinjal take the fry to another Level .It can be paired with steamed Rice or with Roti also. Do try and enjoy your meal.
Stuffed brinjal fry Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category :Lunch side dish
Prep Time: 10 mins| Cook time :20mins | Serves :4 |Author :Sharmila
1. In a Kadai/Pan dry roast the Peanuts once it’s roasted add in Grated Coconuts, Cumin Seeds and Sesame Seeds.
2. Then add in curry Leaves, Roasted Channa Dal and Tamarind .Mix everything well and switch off the flame once a nice aroma comes.
3. In a blender add in the Roasted ingredients and then add in Chilli powder, Coriander Powder and the required water, Blend everything to form a coarse mixture until a nice aroma comes. Wash the brinjals which are going to be stuffed.
4. Chop off the head part of the brinjal however this is optional. Invert the brinjal and then cut it into 4 parts in such a way the top part of the brinjal is still intact as shown in the image .Stuff the brinjal with the ground masala for all the brinjals. In a tawa /pan add in oil and shallow fry the brinjal.
5. Do not invert the brinjal or mix it quite often as the stuffing may come out .Shallow fry it till the brinjal it completely cooked. Carry out the entire process in low flame as the brinjal might get burnt in high flame. Andhra style stuffed brinjal is ready to be served .Serve hot with steamed Rice or Roti.
- Traditionally small brinjals are used for this recipe .However long brinjal can also be used.
- If long brinjals are used the cooking time may be bit longer.