Chocolate Brownies is a sinful and gooey chocolate treat. It is a classic and easy treat perfect for any party.
To start with the chocolate brownies, this is the first dish I tried as soon as I bought the oven at the home. So this is a recipe that is so close to my heart. I have baked this chocolate brownies umpteen no of times in home, however, I didn't blog it till now, I don’t know why. My Colleagues are a great fan of these brownies, they loved this so much as I have received multiple requests to share this brownie recipe. This is such an easy and star recipe that anybody can bake it and win your loved one’s heart.
Here is why you have to try our most decadent and fudgy chocolate brownies
★ Easy to follow recipe with common & easily available ingredients
★ Recipe has been tried , tested and approved by many.
★ Follow the recipe to the T and get the perfect results every time.
What is Brownie:
Brownies are square baked shaped confectionery. It is either fudgy or cakey depending o the density. It is usually chocolate flavored and a variation to this is a blondie. Blondies are vanilla flavored.
Brownies are usually had along with milk or with a scoop of icecreams. It is very popular in the United States and Cannada.
How to Prepare Fudgy Chocolate Brownies
Fudgy Chocolate Brownies have higher fat content in the batter than flour. The Fat content in the batter will be chocolate and butter. A cakey brownie will have more flour in the batter than the fat content along with the leavening agents.
Our Brownie recipe is more like a Fudgy Chocolate Brownie. The batter does not have any learning agents and the fat content is more than the flour.
? Ingredients For Chocolate Brownies
Use unsalted butter for the brownies. If using salted butter you can skip adding salt later in the batter. Do not try to reduce the butter as it is one of the most important ingredient for the fudge chocolate brownies.
Eggs along with butter give a nice airy batter. This is the most important part again. You can try using egg replacement, but I have never tried this recipe without eggs. If you are looking for an eggless version ,checkout my eggless Chocolate Brownies
Use good quality unsweetened cocoa powder.
All Purpose Flour:
For a fudgy brownie the flour to fat ratio will be less and hence use the flour quantity as mentioned.
Similar Brownie Recipes:
Frequently Asked Questions on Brownies
Measuring cups or weighing scales work the best. If using measuring cups level the measuring cup while measuring the ingredients. Allow do not over stuff the ingredients tightly.
Totally yes. Slice them and pack in zip lock bags, place parchment paper between each brownie. It stays good for 6 weeks.
Before you eat thaw it and microwave it and then consume.
Not recommended. Instead, you can double the ingredients and divide the batter equally and bake in two separate baking trays.
Prep work before you bake the brownies:
- Bring all the ingredients to room temperature
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Powder the sugar.
- Preheat the oven
How to Prepare Chocolate Brownies, Pictorial:
1. In a saucepan melt in the butter, once it is completely melted add in the Cocoa powder and mix well. I used Hershey’s Cocoa Powder.
2. Next add in the Vanilla Essence and Sugar along with the melted Butter and Cocoa powder. Mix well until the sugar is dissolved and well mixed. you can also use powdered sugar. Break open the Eggs
3. Mix well until it is well incorporated.
4. Now add in the All-purpose flour and the salt.
5. Fold everything together gently until it forms a homogeneous mixture.
6. Pour the prepared batter into a greased and lined baking tin. Preheat the oven at 180 Deg C for about 10 mins and then bake at 180 Deg C for about 30 mins or till a toothpick when inserted comes out clean. Wait till the brownies are cool completely and then cut them into pieces.
Tips to Prepare the best ever Chocolate Brownies
- Do not reduce the amount of butter. The butter has to be more than the flour added.
- Use a weighing scale to measure the ingredients more precisely.
- Use good quality room temperature ingredients.
- Never be in a hurry to slice the brownies. allow it to cool down and then slice and serve.
- Do line the baking tray with foil or parchment paper for brownies, Otherwise, the brownies might tend to stick to the baking tin.
- Finally serve with Milk or a scoop of icecream.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ?
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- ½ cup All-purpose flour
- ½ cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 100 gms Butter
- 1.25 cups Sugar
- 3 Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Salt a pinch
- In a saucepan melt in the butter, once it is completely melted add in the Cocoa powder and mix well. I used Hershey’s Cocoa Powder.
- Next add in the Sugar and Vanilla Essence along with the melted Butter and Cocoa powder and mix well until the sugar is dissolved and well mixed. Powdered sugar can also be used. Break open the Eggs and
- mix well until it is well incorporated
- Now add in the All-purpose flour and the salt
- Fold everything together gently until it forms a homogeneous mixture. Pour the prepared batter into a greased and lined baking tin.
- Preheat the oven at 180 Deg C for about 10 mins and then bake at 180 Deg C for about 30 mins or till a toothpick when inserted comes out clean.
- Wait till the brownies are completely cooled and then cut them into pieces.
- Egg can be replaced by any egg replacer.
- Baking time may vary from oven to oven so check your oven user manual instructions before baking.
- Lining the baking tray with foil or parchment paper should not be skipped for brownies,Otherwise the brownies might tend to stick the baking tin.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist , the nutrition value provided here is an estimate.It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.
Note: This post is originally from 2016 . I have updated with new Recipe card, Pictures and video now.