For those who don’t like to add Dates in their diet. This cake will be a boon. This will be a healthy way to include Dates in our Diet. This cake is very moist. This cake tastes best the next day of Baking.
This is an eggless and butter less cake hence the cake can be consumed by all age groups. Believe me everyone who bakes this cake will definitely fall in love with this cake and will definitely bake it the next time too. I baked this cake for my office potluck and it was a big hit in office. Everybody asked me for the recipe and asked me to bake it again for them .Proud moment indeed J
Dates - Tutti Frutti Cake Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Cakes
Prep Time: 15 mins | Baking time: 40 mins | Serves: 4
1) Add in the Milk and Oil and mix well in the mixing bowl.
2) In another mixing bowl sieve the flour and baking powder together and keep aside.
3) Now add in sugar along with milk and oil and whisk well until the sugar completely dissolve.
4) In a food processor blend the dates and make it a course puree. If the dates are too hard to grind soak in milk for some time and then grind.This will soften the dates. Now add in the dates puree along with the wet ingredients and whisk well.
5) Now add in the dry ingredients (Flour + Baking soda) into the wet ingredients and fold gently.
6) Add in tutti frutti along with the mixture. Any nuts could also be added as you wish.
7) Pour in the prepared batter in the greased and lined baking pan.
8) Sprinkle in chocolate chips on top. This is completely optional you can skip this step. You can even sprinkle any nuts of your choice. This will give a crunchy texture to the cake.
9) Preheat the oven in 180 deg C for about 10 mins and then bake the cake in 180deg c for about 35-40 mins.Do check after 30 mins as the baking time may vary from oven to oven.
1) I like few chunks of Dates in my cake, so I made it to a course puree. You can soak the dates in milk and make that into a fine puree too.
2) The flavour of the cake will be intense when it’s a day old .Give a try.
3) You can skip the Tutti Frutti and chocolate chips part if you don’t prefer. Feel free to experiment with the optional ingredients.
4) Don’t ever skip the sieving part as it ensures even mixing of the flour and baking powder. Try to repeat this step twice or thrice.
Now it’s time to enjoy your cake 🙂 Please do try and let us know your comments. We value your thoughts. Happy Baking J