Date Tutti frutti cake is a moist eggless and butterless cake. It is a perfect bake for parties and potluck.
For those who don’t like to add Dates to their diet. This cake will be a boon. This will be a yummy way to include Dates in our Diet. This cake is so moist and tastes best the next day of Baking.
This is an eggless and butterless cake. Believe me, everyone who bakes this cake will definitely fall in love with this cake. I am sure you will try it again too. I baked this cake for my office potluck and it was a big hit in the office. Everybody asked me for the recipe and asked me to bake it again for them.
How to prepare Dates Tutti Frutti Cake
Tips & Variations
- I like a few chunks of Dates in my cake, so I made it into a coarse puree. You can soak the dates in milk and make that into a fine puree too.
- The flavor of the cake will be intense when it’s a day old. Give it a try.
- You can skip the Tutti Frutti and chocolate chips part if you don’t prefer. Feel free to experiment with the optional ingredients.
- Don’t ever skip the sieving part as it ensures even mixing of the flour and baking powder.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Date Tutti frutti cake
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- 1 cup Maida
- 15 Dates I used brown dates, black dates can also be used
- ¾ cup Milk
- ¾ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup Oil
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ cup Tutti frutti
- Chocolate chips To sprinkle on top
- In a mixing bowl add in the Milk and Oil and mix well.
- In another mixing bowl sieve the flour and baking powder together and keep aside.
- Now add in sugar along with milk and oil and whisk well until the sugar completely dissolves
- In a food processor blend the dates and make it a coarse puree. If the dates are too hard to grind soak in milk for 10 min and then grind. This will soften the dates. Now add in the dates puree along with the wet ingredients and whisk well.
- Next add the dry ingredients (flour + Baking soda) into the wet ingredients and fold gently.
- Add in tutti frutti along with the mixture. You may also add nuts or even chocolate chips too.
- Pour in the prepared batter in the greased and lined baking pan.
- Sprinkle in chocolate chips on top. This is completely optional you can skip this step. You can even sprinkle any nuts of your choice. This will give a crunchy texture to the cake.
- Preheat the oven at 180 deg C for about 10 mins. Bake the cake at 180deg c for about 35-40 mins. Do check after 30 mins as the baking time may vary from oven to oven.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist , the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.