Curry Leaves Kulambu is prepared with plenty of fresh curry leaves blended to a paste along with garlic and cooked to perfection.
Curry Leaves are always a part of daily cooking in the Indian kitchen. We never use them as the main ingredient mostly. We tend to discard curry leaves in our food at times. I saw this recipe in chef Venkatesh bhat’s cookery show. From that day onwards I always wanted to try this recipe and did it finally.
This kuzhambu is packed with tons of flavor. It has curry leaves and garlic both are the perfect combinations of flavor and health too. Garlic is very good for digestion and curry leaves are very good for hair. So come on ladies let’s give it a try !!
Tastes best when served with white rice and any spicy fries.
How to prepare Curry Leaves Kuzhambu
3)Now take the Curry leaves and Garlic to a blender and make it into a fine puree by adding a little water.
Tasty and healthy Karuvepilai Kulambu or Curry Leaves kuzhambu is easy to enjoy with hot rice.
Tips & Variations
- The actual recipe calls for deep frying the garlic and curry leaves. But I have just tossed it with a tsp of oil .You can also deep fry it.
- The proportion of garlic and curry leaves can be altered as per your choice.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram,Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Curry Leaves Kulambu
- 1 cup Curry Leaves tightly packed
- ½ cup Garlic
- 1 Onion
- 2 Tomato
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- Tamarind lemon sized ball
- Water as needed
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 3 Red chilli
- 5 clove Garlic
- In a pan add in a tsp of oil and saute the Curry leaves. Once they come to a shiny texture remove it and cool down. In the same pan saute the ½ cup garlic for 5 mins and remove to a plate.Allow it to cool down
- In a Now take the Curry leaves and Garlic to a blender and make it into a fine puree by adding a small amount of water.
- In the same pan and add oil once the oil becomes hot add in the jeera seeds and red chilli and add in onion and fry till they get transparent.
- Add in the chopped tomato and cook till they become mushy and then add in the required Salt. Add in the turmeric powder and chilli powder.
- Soak tamarind in water for about 15 mins and extract the tamarind water. Add in tamarind water. Cook till everything comes to a boil.
- And then add in the ground curry leaves garlic paste. Mix well.
- Simmer and cook till the Kuzhamabu consistency is reached.
- Goes well with rice and fryms.
- Use Gingelly oil for cooking the kulambu .
- Sambar powder can also be used in place of chilli powder it tastes good!
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.