Similar Kuzhambu Recipes:
3)Now take the Curry leaves and Garlic to a blender and make it into a fine puree by adding a small amount of water.
- The actual recipe calls for deep frying the garlic and curry leaves. But I have just tossed it with a tsp of oil .You can also deep fry it.
- The proportion of garlic and curry leaves can be altered as per your choice.
Curry Leaves Kulambu
- Curry Leaves – 1 cup tightly packed
- Garlic – ½ cup
- Onion – 1 big
- Tomato -2
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Tamarind – lemon sized ball
- Water as needed
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1tsp
- Red chilli -3
- Garlic - 5 pods
- In a pan add in a tsp of oil and saute the Curry leaves. Once they come to a shiny texture remove it and cool down. In the same pan saute the ½ cup garlic for 5 mins and remove to a plate.Allow it to cool down
- In a Now take the Curry leaves and Garlic to a blender and make it into a fine puree by adding a small amount of water.
- In the same pan and add oil once the oil becomes hot add in the jeera seeds and red chilli and add in onion and fry till they get transparent.
- Add in the chopped tomato and cook till they become mushy and then add in the required Salt. Add in the turmeric powder and chilli powder.
- Soak tamarind in water for about 15 mins and extract the tamarind water. Add in tamarind water. Cook till everything comes to a boil.
- And then add in the ground curry leaves garlic paste. Mix well.
- Simmer and cook till the Kuzhamabu consistency is reached.
- Goes well with rice and fryms.
- Use Gingelly oil for cooking the kulambu .
- Sambar powder can also be used in place of chilli powder it tastes good!