Green Gram Porridge | Pachai Payar Kanji | Green Moong Dal Porridge Step by step photos. Porridge is always a comfort food during sick days .It is so easy to prepare and healthy at the same time. We usually prepare porridge during all the Fridays during the lent season while fasting. Now lets see how to prepare green gram porridge.
2. Next add in the grated coconut and mix well. Once it comes to a boil switch off and serve.
Green Gram Porridge
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Green Gram – ½ cup
- Rice – ½ cup
- Garlic pods – 8
- Salt as needed
- Water – 4 +1 cup
- Grated coconut – ½ cup
- In a pressure cooker add in the Rice and green gram along with garlic pods. Wash well and then add the 4 cups of water.
- Close the cooker and allow it to cook for 5 whistles in a medium flame. Once the pressure is released on its open the cooker.
- To this add in another 1 cup of hot water and cook in an open flame. Now add the required salt and mix well.
- Next add in the grated coconut and mix well. Once it comes to a boil switch off and serve.
- Instead of water you can also add in Milk or coconut milk.
- Usually served with thengai thogayal.
- If you have added salt serve immediately. Otherwise the porridge might turn sour. Otherwise add salt as and when you serve.
- Add in lots of garlic if you prefer.
- Add in more water if required as the porridge gets thick over time.