Green Peas Cutlet Recipe | Pachai Patani Cutlet | Matar Cutlet with Step by step photos. Cutlet is a yummy appetizer perfect to go with any dish. It can be served with Rice, Roti, and Biriyani or even had as such as a snack. I have made this cutlet using Potato and Green Peas, you can also add any favorite veggies or even paneer and follow the same method to prepare this culet. Now let’s see how to prepare Green Peas Cutlet.
2. To this add in finely chopped Green Chilli, Curry Leaves, Onion, Ginger and the required Salt.
3. Next add in Rice flour and mix well to form a smooth dough. Shape them to form patties.
4. Dip each patties in egg and then coat it with bread crumbs and keep it ready.
Green Peas Cutlet
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Green Peas – 1 cup
- Potato – 2
- Onion – 1
- Green Chilli – 2
- Ginger – a small piece
- Curry Leaves – 1 spring
- Rice Flour – ¼ cup
- Salt as needed
- Egg – 1
- Bread Crumbs – ½ cup
- Oil for shallow frying
- Cook the Potatoes in a pressure cooker for 3 whistles .Peel the skin and Keep it ready. Soak the Green Peas in water over night and pressure cook for 3 whistles and keep it ready. In a mixing bowl add in the cooked Potato and Green Peas. Mash well and mix together.
- To this add in finely chopped Green Chilli, Curry Leaves, Onion, Ginger and the required Salt.
- Next add in Rice flour and mix well to form a smooth dough. Shape them to form patties.
- Dip each patties in egg and then coat it with bread crumbs and keep it ready.
- Heat a pan with oil for shallow frying. Fry on both sides till crisp and golden brown in both the sides.
- Drain them in paper towels and serve
- Instead of Egg wash you can also make a paste with all-purpose flour.
- Add the rice flour little by little while combining the dough till you need.
- You can shape the cutlets in any desired shapes.
- Cutlets can also be deep fried instead of shallow frying.