Cauliflower Paneer Tikki | Gobi Paneer Cutlet | Keto Recipes with step by step pictures. Tikki is a small cutlet popular in the Indian Sub-Continent, it is usually made with par boiled vegetables or a combination of vegetables. It can be either deep fried or shallow fried.
In this recipe, I have used Cauliflower and Paneer as the main ingredient. No fancy spices are used Just roasted cumin powder and Salt along with green chili and Cilantro does the Magic. Any flour can be used as a binding agent. I have used Wheat flour in the recipe but rice flour, Cornflour, or even nuts powder can be used.
Last month we had a get together at a friend's place and she served a similar tikki for us . She has used broccoli instead of cauliflower and this recipe is inspired from her. It tastes yummy with green chutney. You can prepare the tikki in advance and fry them whenever needed. It stays good for 4 days if refrigerated.
What is LCHF
LCHF means LowCarbohydrate and High Fat meals. It is a type of diet plan that includes low carbs intake and more of Fat and Protein intake.
The ultimate goal of this diet pattern is it significantly reduce or limit the number of carbs. It forces the body to use the fat stored as fuel, which may lead to weight loss
Cauliflower Paneer Tikki:
Both cauliflower and Paneer are mostly used in the LCHF diet pattern as they have less carbs. Cauliflower and Paneer along with mild spices go very well as a Tikki.
In this recipe, I am using Wheat flour as the binding agent. I am not practicing LCHF and hence I was fine with that. But if you are on an LCHF or Ketogenic diet replace it with Nuts powder or Rice Flour.
Similarly, instead of Bread crumbs, you may use eggs.
Prep work for Keto Paneer Cutlet:
- Blanch the cauliflower in hot water and coarsely blend them in a food processor.
- Grate the Cottage cheese or Paneer.
How to Prepare Cauliflower Paneer Tikki, Pictorial:
1. In a vessel boil hot water to this add in the cauliflower florets and cook till it's done. Strain it from the hot water and set it aside. In a food processor add in the cauliflower florets and grate them into fine grains. Repeat the same for the paneer. Alternatively, you can grate or crumble it too.
2. Next add in the green chili and coriander leaves and grate them too. Add the grated cauliflower, Paneer, Green Chilli, and coriander leaves together. To this add in the Wheat flour, Bread crumbs, Salt and Roasted Cumin Powder. Mix everything together and shape the tikki.
3. Divide them and then shape them into equal sized patties and refrigerate for 30 mins. After that heat a pan for shallow frying.
4. Shallow fry the shaped tikki until it's golden and crisp on both sides. Drain in anpaper towel and serve hot.
Yummy tikki ‘s are now ready to serve.
Serve hot with green chutney or tomato sauce.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ? You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates from me.
Cauliflower Paneer Tikki
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- 1 cup Cauliflower grated
- 1 cup Paneer grated
- 2 Green Chilli
- 3 tbsp Coriander leaves
- 3 tbsp Wheat flour see notes for Keto replacement
- 2 tbsp Bread crumbs see notes for Keto replacement
- Salt as needed
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin powder
- Oil as needed
- In a vessel boil hot water to this add in the cauliflower florets and cook till its done. Strain it from the hot water and set it aside. In a food processor add in the cauliflower florets and grate it into fine grains. Repeat the same for the paneer. Alternatively, you can grate or crumble it too.
- Next add in the green chilli and coriander leaves and grate them too. Add the grated cauliflower ,Paneer ,Green Chilli and coriander leaves together. To this add in the Wheat flour, Bread crumbs, Salt and Roasted Cumin Powder. Mix everything together and shape a dough.
- Divide them and then shape them into equal sized patties and refrigerate for 30 mins. After that heat a pan for shallow frying.
- Shallow fry the shaped tiki until its golden and crisp in both the sides. Drain in paper towel and serve hot.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato sauce.
- Handle it carefully while flipping and cooking.
- Cauliflower can also be replaced with broccoli.
- The tiki’s can be deep fried as well.
- For Keto Version replace the Wheat flour with Almond powder and bread crumbs with Egg.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.