Idli and Sambar is a heavenly Combo and the most loved food in South India .The combination of both is still more a hit .Piping hot Idli’s are soaked and dunked fully in Sambar and garnished with Ghee and Coriander leaves.
Mini Idli sambar recipe
Recipe Cuisine: South Indian | Recipe Category : Breakfast
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time : 30 mins | Serves :2 |Author :Sharmila
Idli Batter – 1 cup
Sambar as required
Onion – 1
Coriander leaves to garnish
Ghee – 1 tbsp
1. Prepare Idli batter the previous day, ferment it and keep ready. Grease the Mini Idli molds with ghee /Oil and pour the Idli batter in it.
2. Steam the Idli pan with Water and cook the Idli for 10 mins or till done .Prick with a fork and check if its cooked .Remove the Idli mould outside the pan sprinkle a dash of water and let it rest for 2 mins and then run a spoon around the Idli’s to unmould it easily.
3. Keep the Idli and the Sambar Ready, Take the serving plate and arrange the idli.
4. Pour Sambar fully till the Idli’s are completely soaked in Sambar. Drizzle in ghee and the garnish with Coriander leaves and finely chopped onions .Serve hot.
- I used my Arachuvitta Sambar for preparing the Mini Idli Sambar, normal Sambar could also be used.
- Serve hot immediately after the plate is ready.
- Adding Ghee gives a nice flavour so don’t skip it.
Leave a Reply