Vegetable Lettuce Wraps is a healthy everything put together wrap. It can be customized easily and we can add in all our favorite ingredients
Vegetable Lettuce Wraps | Healthy Veg Snacks with Step by step photos. Wraps and rolls are always a super hit among kids and even adults. You can just put all your favourites’ together wrap them and serve. It is healthy and lovely snack.
The best idea is to involve your kid while making this wrap so that you can make them easily eat. I have used Iceberg lettuce you can use any edible lettuce of your choice. The filling can be made in ‘n’ no.of versions. Feel free to experiment it. Now let’s see how to prepare Vegetable lettuce wraps.
Lettuce wrap is more or less like a sandwich or stuffed wrap. any vegetables or even meat filling is wrapped in lettuce and served. Instead of flatbread or bread, we use lettuce as an outer layer.
Veggie lettuce wraps are vegan and gluten free. They make a perfect keto or low carb meal. You can pair the lettuce wrap with any smoothie for a complete meal.
Lettuce - Use any non wilted or fresh lettuce. Iceberg or romaine lettuce suits perfectly.
Vegetables - We can use sweet corn, Pepper, onion, tomato.
Tofu - for some extra protein along with the veggies we can add tofu.
What veggies are good in lettuce wraps?
Carrot, Beans, Cabbage, and Baby reddish work well for the wraps. You may also use tofu for more protein. mushrooms to work well.
What lettuce is best for lettuce wraps?
Sturdy non wilted lettuce works well for the wraps. I am using iceberg lettuce and it was good enough to hold the veggies or even wrap. Boston lettuce or even romaine lettuce works well.
How to make vegetarian lettuce wrap
1.Heat a pan with 1 tbsp of sesame oil once it's hot add small cubes of extra firm tofu and saute until it's crisp and golden. Set them aside.
2. In the same pan add finely chopped garlic and saute in high heat for 30 secs. Next, add finely chopped onions and red bell pepper. Saute in medium heat for 2 mins.
3. Add boiled sweet corn. Combine everything and cook for a min.
4. Mix the red chili sauce, tomato sauce, Soy sauce, and vinegar in a bowl. Whisk until combined and then add the sauce to the pan. Combine and cook for a few secs.
5. Now add the crisped tofu.
6. Add Salt and pepper. Mix and cook until the mixture is dry.
7. Garnish with spring onion greens and switch off.
8. Serve the filling wrapped in lettuce.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates from me.
Vegetable Lettuce Wraps | No Cook Vegetable wrap
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- ½ cup Extra Firm tofu Cubed into small pieces
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp Garlic chopped
- 1 Onion chopped
- ½ cup Bellpepper chopped (I used red colour)
- ½ cup Sweet Corn
- 2 tbsp Red Chilli Sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato Sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- Salt as needed
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 3 tbsp Spring onion green part
- 6 Lettuce Leaf
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp of sesame oil once it's hot add small cubes of extra firm tofu and saute until it's crisp and golden. Set them aside.
- In the same pan add finely chopped garlic and saute in high heat for 30 secs. Next, add finely chopped onions and red bell pepper. Saute in medium heat for 2 mins.
- Add boiled sweet corn. Combine everything and cook for a min.
- Mix the red chili sauce, tomato sauce, Soy sauce, and vinegar in a bowl. Whisk until combined and then add the sauce to the pan. Combine and cook for a few secs.
- Now add the crisped tofu.
- Add Salt and pepper. Mix and cook until the mixture is dry.
- Garnish with spring onion greens and switch off.
- Serve the filling wrapped in lettuce.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.
Note: This post is originally from 2018. Its now updated with new Recipe card, Pictures and Content.