Banana Walnut Muffins is a yummy nutty treat. I loved the favour of banana in the muffins and with a bit of nutty texture in every bite.
Banana and Walnut Muffins are a yummy nutty treat. I loved the flavour of banana in the muffins and with a bit of nutty texture in every bite. When it comes to baking banana is something which we couldn’t resist from sharing. And so this is my share of the banana recipe this year. Now lets see how to prepare banana walnut
Flour - I am using whole wheat flour for the muffins. It works really well for the muffins.
Banana - Always overripe banana yields soft moist muffins.
Sugar - I am using brown sugar for the muffins. It yields a nice golden color to the muffin
Baking Powder, Baking Soda - It gives helps in an airy and spongy muffin.
Oil - Use any flavorless cooking oil.
Buttermilk - Reacts with the baking powder and soda for a nice spongy fluffy muffin.
Egg - Adding egg for a perfect bakery style textured muffin.
Vanilla - Use good quality pure vanilla extract.
Salt - A pinch of salt always elevates the taste in any dessert.
Walnuts - We add a few walnuts to the batter. Also a coarse powder for the muffin crumb, this gives a lovely crumb.
How to prepare Banana Walnut Muffin
In a mixing, bowl beak open an egg to this add-in Brown sugar, Vegetable oil, and buttermilk.
2. Next add in the Vanilla essence and mashed banana.
3. Mix everything well together. In another bowl sieve in all-purpose flour.
4. To this add in baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Sieve everything together. So that they mix evenly.
Next, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients slowly in batches. Add in ¼ cup of coarsely ground walnuts. Fold everything together.
5. Line a muffin tray with liners. To this scoop and add in the prepared batter. Add in a generous serving of coarsely ground walnuts over the muffins.
Preheat the oven at 180 Deg C for about 10 mins and then bake at 180 Deg C for about 20 mins. check if a toothpick when inserted comes out clean and then remove it from the oven. Allow it to cool completely and then serve
Banana Walnut Muffins is now ready for snacking.
- Always use overripe bananas for moist muffins.
- You can also freeze the overripe bananas and use them in the muffins.
- If using frozen bananas thaw them to room temperature and then use.
- You can also add choco chips or other toasted nuts to the muffins.
- We can also flavor the muffin with cinnamon or cardamom powder.
- Instead of Walnuts, you may use other nuts as well.
Makes a delicious breakfast option with some Milk. Otherwise goes well for a lunchbox or snack box too.
Banana Muffins freeze well. You can store it in zip lock bags and freeze. Just before serving you can microwave them for 30 - 40 secs and serve. Or simply thaw them to room temperature and serve.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Banana Walnut Muffins
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- ¾ cup Wheat Flour 2 tbsp
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Buttermilk
- ¼ cup Vegetable oil
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ cup Banana mashed
- ¼ cup Walnuts + 2 tbsp for the crumb
- In a mixing bowl beak open an egg to this add in Brown sugar, Vegetable oil and buttermilk.
- 2.Next add in the Vanilla essence and mashed banana.
- 3.Mix everything well together. In another bowl sieve in all-purpose flour.
- 4.To this add in baking powder, baking soda and salt. Sieve everything together. So that they mix evenly. Next add in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients slowly in batches. Add in ¼ cup of coarsely ground walnuts. Fold everything together.
- 5.Line a muffin tray with liners. To this scoop and add in the prepared batter. Add in a generous serving of coarsely ground walnuts over the muffins. Preheat the oven at 180 Deg C for about 10 mins and then bake at 180 Deg C for about 20 mins. check if a toothpick when inserted comes out clean and then remove from the oven. Allow it to cool completely and then serve
- The baking time may vary so check after 15 mins.
- Keeps good for 2-3 days.
- Store in refrigerator after 1 day.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist , the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.
Note: This post is originally from 2018. I have updated with new Recipe card, Pictures and video now.
Banana and walnut is a very classic combo . Anything baked with these can never fail . Lovely muffins there , would surely like to indulge into some !
Thats walnut crumb is very tempting sis.. Banana and walnut combination rocks in bakes. Muffins looks absolutely irresistible.
Nothing can beat the combination of banana and walnuts... lovely wholewheat muffins!
Moist and delicious looking banana muffins. Love the chopped walnuts on top -- adds nice crunch to the muffins.
love the muffins and especially the crumb. Nice to dig into these muffins at tea time :-))
There is something so good about adding banana in cakes. With a great crumb texture, the flavour is also amazing. When this is combined with walnuts, yum.
Delicious looking muffins,chopped walnuts would have added a nice crunch to the muffins.
Wow!! That looks yummy and perfect for a breakfast.
Ah those muffins look so cute and inviting Sharmila, very nicely baked.
banana is always a great addition to any baked goods and these look like such a treat!
A classic muffin, beautifully presented.
Banana and walnut is such a classic combo! Nice one.
Wow this muffins look yum and so healthy with banana and walnuts..
the muffins look so yumm with the healthy crumb at the top. Banana and walnut are one of the best combinations while baking. Delicious bake!!
These muffins looks delicious and healthy with combination of banana and nuts.
Banana and walnut are a perfect combination and these muffins must be very delicious
Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen
A classic combination, banana and walnuts! Muffins look tempting! perfect for breafkast or as a snack!
Banana cake/ muffins are very delicious in itself. you have made them look so attractive with those crumbs on the top
This looks so yummy. Thanks for the recipe.