Banana Muffins are a delicious butterless and eggless treats. It is a yummy muffins with the goodness of banana. Perfect for a snack box.
One of the best one bowl muffins. Banana is always a wonder fruit when it comes to baking. It blends so well. As much as I love baking my banana bread. I love these muffins too!!
Do I have to tell you they tasted and smelled too good ? Yes they did !! and they are dairy free too. As the oven lightens up the house smells heavenly with this banana goodness. Now let’s baking.
Plant based banana muffins
An exceptionally good banana muffin that we make only with plant based ingredients. We are skipping egg plus the dairy for this muffin.
They make a perfect lunchbox or a snack box treat. It also goes well for a breakfast or afterschool snack. Just the basic ingredients and whip up together and bake. You may easily double or triple the recipe too.
Flour - As always use white flour or you can also try half and half wheat and white flour.
Banana - Always overripe banana yields soft moist muffins.
Sugar - You can use white or brown sugar. If using brown sugar it might slightly change the colour.
Baking Powder - It gives the airy texture to the muffins.
Oil - Use any flavorless cooking oil.
Vanilla - Use good quality pure vanilla extract.
Salt - A pinch of salt always elevates the taste in any dessert.
Nuts - If you prefer a nut free muffin you can skip adding them. I usually sprinkle few nuts on top of the muffin. I am using cashew nuts. You may use Walnuts, Pecans too.
How to Prepare Vegan Banana Muffins
1.In a mixing bowl add in 2 large bananas ( approximately ¾ cup after mashing ). Over ripe banana works best for this recipe.
2.Mash the bananas using a fork until its mashed well.
3.Now add in ¼ cup cooking oil. Use any flavorless oil
4. Also add in 1 tsp Vanilla extract. combine everything
5. Next add in ⅓ cup powdered sugar.
6. Mix well till it dissolves.
7. Sift in ¾ cup All Purpose Flour.
8. Also add in 1 tsp of Baking powder and a pinch of Salt well.
9. combine everything together gently with a spatula or a whisk without any lumps.
10. Prepare a muffin tray with muffin liners. Scoop out equal amount of batter in all the muffin liners. Fill ¾ th of the muffin liners. Top it with some nuts.
11. Preheat the oven at 374 F (190 deg C) for 10 min and the bake the muffin in 374 F (190 deg C) for about 30 mins or till done.
Tips & Variations
- You can bake the muffins with half and half white flour and wheat flour.
- Always use over ripe banana for a moist muffins.
- You can also freeze overripe banana and use them in the muffins.
- If using frozen banana thaw them to room temperature and then use.
- Use Brown Sugar or Cane sugar too instead of White sugar.
- You can also add choco chips or toasted nuts in the muffins.
- Oats are gives a nice texture. If using oats use ¼ cup of Rolled oats.
- We can also flavor the muffin with cinnamon or cardamom powder.
Makes a delicious breakfast option with some Milk. Otherwise goes well for a lunchbox or snack box too.
Banana Muffins freeze well. You can store in zip lock bags and freeze. Just before serving you can microwave them for 30 - 40 secs and serve. Or simply thaw them to room temperature and serve.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Vegan Banana Muffins
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- 2 large Banana approximately ¾ cup after mashing
- ¾ cup All purpose flour
- ¼ cup Cooking Oil
- ⅓ cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Salt a pinch
- 1 tbsp Nuts to garnish Optional
- In a mixing bowl add in 2 large bananas ( approximately ¾ cup after mashing ). Over ripe banana works best for this recipe .
- Mash the bananas using a fork until its mashed well.
- Now add in ¼ cup cooking oil. Use any flavorless oil
- Also add in 1 tsp Vanilla extract. combine everything
- Next add in ¼ cup powdered sugar and mix well till it dissolves .
- Sift in ¾ cup All Purpose Flour.
- Also add in 1 tsp of Baking powder and a pinch of Salt well.
- combine everything together gently with a spatula or a whisk without any lumps.
- Prepare a muffin tray with muffin liners. Scoop out equal amount of batter in all the muffin liners. Fill ¾ th of the muffin liners. Top it with some nuts.
- Preheat the oven at 374 F (190 deg C) for 10 min and the bake the muffin in 374 F (190 deg C) for about 30 mins or till done.
- Always use over ripe banana for this recipe.
- You can also use brown sugar for a different texture.
- The baking time may differ from oven to oven so keep a check while baking.
- I used Red banana variety for this recipe .But any overripe banana can be used.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist , the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.
Note: This post is originally from 2016. I have updated with new Recipe card, Pictures and video now.
Can you use coconut sugar
Yes definitely, It works well too!