Vegan Banana Oat Bars are soft healthy bars. It has bananas, pecans, and almond butter. It is vegan and perfectly guilt-free bars.
Banana is an awesome ingredient when it comes to baking. It does wonders and blends easily with every other ingredient. These 4 ingredients of baked banana oatmeal are one such.
It is rich in fibers and minerals and a perfect way to start the day with. A breakfast bar with some Milk is the best combination.
4 Ingredient Banana Oat Bars
All it has is just 4 ingredients and it gets baked beautifully together. We are not adding any extra sugar to these breakfast bars. The natural sugar from the banana and the sweetness from the almond Butter is all it has.
You can also add additional nuts along with the Pecans for a crunch. Adding raisins gives more sweetness to the breakfast bars. I am using Rolled Oats for the recipe and, you can pulse the oats once in a blender and use or use it as such as me.
Ingredients for Oats Pecan Bars:
Rolled Oats - Rolled oats have a beautiful texture and hence they are perfect for the bars. You may use whole rolled oats and or even oatmeal. Both are perfect for the bars.
Banana - You may use any ripe sweetened banana. It should measure approximately 1.5 cups after mashing. I am using ripe red variety of bananas. Approximately 4 medium-sized banana mashed measured to 1.5 cups.
Pecans - Pecans are rich in many vitamins or minerals. They also give a lovely texture to the oats banana bars.
Almond Butter - Other than bananas we do not have any other sweeteners. so it's best to add sweetened Almond butter, Or if you require more sweetness you may also add ½ cup of brown sugar. It goes very well with the recipe. In place or Almond butter, you may also use any smooth texture nut butter. Peanut butter or even Cashew butter works well.
Can I use frozen bananas?
If using frozen banana, Microwave the banana for one min. The banana becomes soft. You can then peel the skin and use it.
Can I replace the banana?
I highly recommend not replacing the banana. However, you can try applesauce in place of the banana. Make sure to adjust the Oats if adding applesauce.
What can I use instead of Almond Butter?
You may use Peanut Butter or Cashew Butter. All the nut butter works well for the recipe.
How to Prepare Oats Banana Bars:
1. In a mixing bowl add in the banana
2. Mash well without any lumps.
3. Next add in the almond butter. I am using sweetened Almond Butter.
4. And then add in the rolled Oats.
5. Finally add in the roughly chopped or crushed pecans.
6. Fold everything together.
7. Prepare a 6 * 6 inch baking tray and line them with parchment paper. Transfer the prepared batter to the baking tray. Top them with whole pecans
8. Preheat the oven at 180 deg C and then bake at 180 Deg C for about 20 - 22 mins or till the toothpick when inserted comes out clean. Let it cool completely and then slice and serve.
Tips & Variations
- Do not look for a replacement for the banana as it is the main ingredient in holding the shape of the baked bars.
- You can add chocolate chips for extra sweetness. Or even dried blueberries or raspberries, or cherries go well.
- Instead of Almond butter, you can use other nut butter as well. But make sure you add sweetened nut butter.
- Use gluten free oats for a gluten free Breakfast bars.
- Avoid using quick Oats or Instant Oats as they may fall apart once the bars get baked.
- If you are looking for a nut free version Instead of Almond butter and Pecans you may use Sunflower seeds butter and sunflower seeds.
- You can use Nutmeg powder or Cinnamon Powder for extra spice.
Serve the breakfast bars along with a ProteinSmoothie for a well balanced breakfast.
Bars stay good at room temperature for one day and then put them in the fridge after that. However, I recommend storing them in the fridge once they are completely cool down.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ? You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Oats Banana Pecan Bar
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- 2 cup Rolled Oats
- 4 Banana Medium sized ( measures 1 cup when mashed)
- ½ cup Almond Butter
- ½ cup Pecans
- In a mixing bowl add in the banana and mash well without any lumps.
- Next add in the almond butter. I am using sweetened Almond Butter.
- And then add in the rolled Oats.
- Finally add in the roughly chopped or crushed pecans.
- Fold everything together.
- Prepare a 6 * 6 inch baking tray and line them with parchment paper. Transfer the prepared batter to the baking tray. Top them with whole pecans
- Preheat the oven at 180 deg C and then bake at 180 Deg C for about 20 - 22 mins or till the toothpick when inserted comes out clean. Let it cool completely and then slice and serve.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist , the nutrition value provided here is an estimate.It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.