Beetroot thoran recipe with step by step photos. Thoran is a coconut based vegetable stir fry .It can be prepare with vegetables like Carrot, Beans , Cabbage ,Raw Banana or even Yam. In the Onam Sadhya (Grand Feast) any one vegetable based thoran is usually served. It is very simple to prepare bust tastes really great. I just loved vegetable thoran with Sambar and Rice. We can use the same recipe to prepare thoran with any one of the above mentioned Vegetable. Now let’s see how to prepare Beetroot thoran.
Beetroot Thoran | Kerala Style beetroot stir Fry
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Beetroot – 1 medium sized
- Salt as needed
- Coconut oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves a spring
To Grind :
- Freshly grated Coconut – ¼ cup
- Shallots – 3
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Garlic – 2 pods
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- In a blender add in the ingredients mentioned under the “To Grind” Section and grind to form a coarse paste and set aside.
- In a pan heat Coconut oil once it is hot add in mustard seeds and Curry Leaves let them splutter. Next add in the grated beetroot.
- Mix well and add in Salt and allow it to cook till it is fully done.
- Finally add in the ground coconut paste and give a good mix and switch off the flame.
· Make sure you use coconut oil for the seasoning to get the authentic Kerala taste.