Carrot stir Fry is an easy to make Lunch Side dish on a busy working day. If you have a food processor then this dish can be prepared in just 10 mins. The difficult part is the grating of carrot according to me 😉 A Food processor will make this job easier. We can also chop the carrot in cubes and cook, however grating the carrot makes it easy to cook without adding Water .This way we can preserve all the nutrients of Carrot. Usually we add coconut in all the poriyals in our cooking for a change I added Egg it indeed tasted really great. This way we can include the goodness of both Carrot and Egg to our family in a single dish. Now let’s get cooking!!
Carrot stir fry Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category :Lunch Side dish
Prep Time: 10 mins |Cook Time :10 mins | Serves :2 |Author :Sharmila
Carrot – 5 medium sized
Green chilli – 2
Onion – 1
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds -1 tsp
Curry Leaves – 1 spring
Salt as needed
Oil – 1 tsp
Eggs – 2 or Freshly Grated Coconut – 3 tbsp
1. In a Kadai/Pan add in oil once the oil heats up add in Mustard Seeds and Cumin seeds. Once they Splutter add in Curry Leaves and Green chilli .Next add in chopped Onion and Sauté well till they become translucent.
2. Add in salt and Mix well and then add in the Grated Carrot and Mix everything well. Let it cook for 5-7 mins .No need to add water and make sure the burner is not in high flame ,Adjust it in such a way that the carrot does not get burnt. Keep mixing once in a while.
3. Once the carrot is cooked move it to one side of the pan and the crack open two Eggs and stir it .Once the egg is been cooked Mix it with the cooked Carrot .Check for salt and switch off the flame.
- Instead of adding eggs you can add 3 tbsp of freshly grated coconut.
- The Addition of eggs give a very different taste to the Carrot Poriyal .So give a try
- No need to add water while cooking carrots as grated Carrot cooks faster.
- If you are chopping carrots into cubes add water and cook, Once the water is evaporated and carrot is cooked add in the Eggs.
Leave a Reply