Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category :Lunch Side dish
Prep Time: 10 mins |Cook Time :10 mins | Serves :2 |Author :Sharmila
Carrot – 5 medium sized
Green chilli – 2
Onion – 1
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds -1 tsp
Curry Leaves – 1 spring
Salt as needed
Oil – 1 tsp
Eggs – 2 or Freshly Grated Coconut – 3 tbsp
3. Once the carrot is cooked move it to one side of the pan and the crack open two Eggs and stir it .Once the egg is been cooked Mix it with the cooked Carrot .Check for salt and switch off the flame.
- Instead of adding eggs you can add 3 tbsp of freshly grated coconut.
- The Addition of eggs give a very different taste to the Carrot Poriyal .So give a try
- No need to add water while cooking carrots as grated Carrot cooks faster.
- If you are chopping carrots into cubes add water and cook, Once the water is evaporated and carrot is cooked add in the Eggs.