Banana berry smoothie bowl is a colorful and delicious way to start the day. it is so easy to put togther with the frozen berries and banana.
Smoothies bowls are always fun. I love adding frozen fruits and berries to my smoothie bowl. It is an easy hassle-free 10 mins breakfast. Added bonus they are kids friendly. The bowls are colorful and it's easy to feed the kids. The Strawberry blueberry banana smoothie bowl is so colorful and prepared with fresh seasonal fruits.
What is a Smoothie Bowl?
Smoothie bowl is a thicker version of the smoothie. It is scoopable and has thick chunks of fruits, yogurt, or milk along with seeds and nuts. The toppings and the ingredients options are endless for this one.
Frozen berries - Always use frozen fruits in smoothies. This gives you a creamy smoothie without any cream added. I am using blueberry and strawberry for the smoothie bowl. You may use other berries as well.
Banana - I am using fresh bananas. Use frozen if you have them.
Milk - Use any Vegan milk. Or if you prefer dairy, you can use dairy milk too.
Desiccated coconut - Adds a lovely texture to the smoothies.
Rose petals - This is totally optional. This adds a beautiful pink hue to the smoothie.
Nuts - Adds more nutrients to the smoothie bowl.
Chia Seeds - Again added for the same reason. Increase the healthy quotient of the bowl.
How to make a thick smoothie bowl
The characteristics of a smoothie bowl are thick and scoopable. Here is how to get a perfect smoothie bowl.
- Keep the liquid quality to little or almost no liquid. I prefer adding coconut milk or Almond milk to the dairy in my smoothie bowl. They work great for any smoothie bowl.
- Use frozen fruits. Frozen berries and frozen banana works great in this recipe.
- Use a high-speed blender and blend the smoothie to a creamy consistency.
- You can also add protein powder and Chia seeds for more thickness.
Smoothie Bowl Toppings
The options are endless is all I would say. Feel free to use your own creativity. Let me suggest you few options as well. I always prefer my smoothie bowls colorful so I prefer fresh berries and granola with any seeds or nuts.
Fresh berries like strawberry, Blueberry, Raspberry
Nut Butter - Almond butter and Peanut butter works well
Coconut chips or desiccated coconut
How to make berry banana Smoothie bowl
1.To make a Strawberry blueberry banana smoothie bowl, In a blender add the frozen strawberry, blueberry, and Banana.
2. Next add in the desiccated coconut, almond milk, Almonds, and Rose petals ( if using ). You can also add in the sweeteners if using at this time.
3. Blend everything into a creamy smoothie.
3. Transfer the blended smoothie to a serving bowl and top them with fresh fruits and nuts as you prefer. Berry banana smoothie bowl is now ready.
Tips & Variations
Thick smoothie bowl - Traditional smoothie bowl is thick. But you can customize them as you prefer. Make it thicker, thinner, or even in a pourable consistency.
Acai Smoothie bowl - You can also add in some acai berries additionally and make them acai smoothie bowls. If you have no access to acai berries, these days acai powder packets are available online, you can very well use them.
Similar Smoothie bowls
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram,Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Berry Banana Smoothie Bowl
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- 1 cup Blueberry
- 1 cup Strawberry
- ½ cup Banana
- 1 tbsp Rose Petals optional
- 1 tbsp Desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp Almonds
- ⅓ cup Almond Milk
- Fruits I used Strawberry and Blueberry
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 Pecans
- In a blender add the frozen strawberry, blueberry, and Banana
- Next add in the desiccated coconut, almond milk, Almonds, and Rose petals ( if using ). You can also add in the sweeteners if using.
- Blend everything into a creamy smoothie.
- Transfer the blended smoothie to a serving bowl and top them with fresh fruits and nuts as you prefer. Berry banana smoothie bowl is now ready.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.