Green Smoothie is one best drinks to kick start your day. It is loaded with Vitamins and minerals. The best thing is you may customize the ingredients as you prefer.
Smoothies make a very healthy and delicious filling breakfast. It is a grab-and-go breakfast on the go usually. But at times, I prefer a smoothie bowl. Especially I love presenting the smoothie bowls. The advantage of having smoothies for breakfast is
★ It saves time and is easy to prepare.Rich in Vitamins and Minerals.
★ We can customize the smoothies as per our preference and the availability of the ingredients.
Smoothie is a drink from pureed raw fruits or vegetables. It also has any liquid like Milk, Fruit Juice, or Yogurt. Green Smoothies are very popular these days. It usually has 40 to 60 percent of green leafy vegetables.
Baby Spinach - Use fresh baby spinach. Clean and remove the wilted leaf and use only the fresh ones.
Apple - Green apple or red apple use anyone as you prefer.
Banana - Frozen Banana gives a creamier smoothie. So freeze and use of possible.
Dates - We are not adding any sweeteners to the smoothies. The sweetness comes only from the fruits and dates.
Milk - Use any nut Milk or Plant based Milk for a Vegan Smoothie. Or Dairy Milk for a nonvegan version of the smoothie. My choice is Almond Milk.
How to make Vegan Green Smoothie
1.In a blender, add in 2 cups of tightly packed baby spinach.
2.To this add in 1 chopped apple and ½ cup banana. Preferably frozen banana.
3.And then add in 1 0 pitted dates and 1 cup of Almond milk.
4. Blend everything into a fine puree.
5.Transfer to a serving cup or bowl. Top with some banana slices and coconut chips. Serve immediately.
Tips to build a smoothie
- Select any one or two fruits or vegetables. It can be a combination of fruits and vegetables or anyone.
- Use a liquid. Let it be dairy or non-dairy. Milk, Yogurt, or any fruit juice.
- Add any sweeteners. These are the base for the smoothies.
- Other than these basic ingredients, you can also use Protein powder, Seeds, Nut or dry fruits.
More Smoothie Recipes:
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ? You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 Apple
- ½ cup Banana
- 10 Dates Pitted
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- In a blender, add in 2 cups of tightly packed baby spinach.
- To this add in 1 chopped apple and ½ cup banana. Preferably frozen banana.
- And then add in 1 0 pitted dates and 1 cup of Almond milk.
- Blend everything into a fine puree.
- Transfer to a serving cup or bowl. Top with some banana slices and coconut chips. Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply