I have made a quick video on how to prepare Chicken Cutlets. I have shared the same in Instagram. Check here if you are interested.
Step by Step Method with Pictures:
1) In a pan boil water when the water starts to boil add in the chicken pieces, turmeric powder and salt and cook till the chicken becomes soft. Once cooked take the cooked chicken pieces and discard the bones if any .After removing the bones, grind the chicken into a coarse mixture in a blender.
- Boneless Chicken – 200 grams
- Onion – 1 medium Chopped finely
- Potato – 1 medium sized boiled and mashed
- Green Chilli – 2-3
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Coriander Leaves – 3 tbsp Chopped finely
- Egg – 1
- Bread crumbs – 4 tbsp
- Oil for deep frying
- In a pan boil water when the water starts to boil add in the chicken pieces, turmeric powder and salt and cook till the chicken becomes soft. Once cooked take the cooked chicken pieces and discard the bones if any .After removing the bones, grind the chicken into a coarse mixture in a blender.
- In a large bowl take the ground chicken, boiled and mashed potato, finely chopped coriander leaves, finely chopped green chilli, Ginger garlic paste, onions, Garam masala.
- Finally add in salt and mix everything well to form a dough. Now shape the dough in to small patties.
- 4)In a bowl break open a egg and beat well and in another bowl take the bread crumbs .Take a patty soak in the egg and then roll in the bread crumbs .In a pan add in oil and heat it up .Once it becomes hot and in the patties and deep fry .You can fry 4-5 at a time .Fry till it becomes golden brown remove it to a paper towel after frying so that excess oil can be drained. Tasty chicken cutlet is now ready to serve.
- Use boneless chicken for best results.
- You can skip the egg and use corn starch for soaking the cutlet before rolling it into the bread crumbs.
- Take corn starch add in water and form a slurry if you are replacing egg with corn starch
- I did a shallow fry in pan with less oil.
- I used panko bread crumbs for the texture ,you can use ordinary bread crumbs also.