Chicken cutlet is an awesome non–veg starter, it makes an awesome potluck dish. It is prepared by cooking chunks of chicken with potato, onion, and other spices.
Chicken cutlet is an awesome non–veg starter, It will be a sure hit when made for any function. This recipe is from my mom. She makes an awesome cutlet similar to the one which we get in shops. I too learned this recipe from her.
This recipe is my childhood favorite recipe. Whenever mom prepares this in home I stand near her in the kitchen and eat it hot immediately after frying. I don’t have the patience to wait 😀 I am so much obsessed with this cutlet since my childhood days.
Usually, the cutlets are served with ketchup or mayo. Chicken cutlets taste great by themselves, it can also be had with tomato ketchup. I prepared this cutlet for Easter and enjoyed it thoroughly.
How to prepare Chicken cutlet
1) In a pan boil water when the water starts to boil add in the chicken pieces, turmeric powder and salt and cook till the chicken becomes soft. Once cooked take the cooked chicken pieces and discard the bones if any .After removing the bones, grind the chicken into a coarse mixture in a blender.
Perfect for a party. Goes well with any meal or as a starter. Serve with tomato ketchup.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates
- 200 gms Boneless Chicken
- 1 Onion Chopped finely
- 1 Potato boiled and mashed
- 2 Green Chilli
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Salt as needed
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 3 tbsp Coriander Leaves Chopped finely
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Bread crumbs
- Oil for deep frying
- In a pan boil water when the water starts to boil add in the chicken pieces, turmeric powder and salt and cook till the chicken becomes soft. Once cooked take the cooked chicken pieces and discard the bones if any .After removing the bones, grind the chicken into a coarse mixture in a blender.
- In a large bowl take the ground chicken, boiled and mashed potato, finely chopped coriander leaves, finely chopped green chilli, Ginger garlic paste, onions, Garam masala.
- Finally add in salt and mix everything well to form a dough. Now shape the dough in to small patties.
- 4)In a bowl break open a egg and beat well and in another bowl take the bread crumbs .Take a patty soak in the egg and then roll in the bread crumbs .In a pan add in oil and heat it up .Once it becomes hot and in the patties and deep fry .You can fry 4-5 at a time .Fry till it becomes golden brown remove it to a paper towel after frying so that excess oil can be drained. Tasty chicken cutlet is now ready to serve.
- Use boneless chicken for best results.
- You can skip the egg and use corn starch for soaking the cutlet before rolling it into the bread crumbs.
- Take corn starch add in water and form a slurry if you are replacing egg with corn starch
- I did a shallow fry in pan with less oil.
- I used panko bread crumbs for the texture ,you can use ordinary bread crumbs also.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist , the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.