Kulfi, Can you name anyone who don’t like Kulfi J No right. It’s one of the yummiest dessert that can be had all around the year even if its summer, winter or even on a rainy day. Kulfi is considered to be a rich variety of ice cream because of its taste and texture. Kulfi is usually prepared by reducing the volume of the milk by boiling the milk and adding in chopped nuts. There are many flavours in Kulfi,Elachi Kulfi, Kesar Pista Kulfi, Mango Kulfi .Today I am sharing Dates Kulfi recipe. I bet you will love this flavour too.
- Sauce pan
- 1 12 De Seeded dates
- 2 1 lit Full fat milk
- 3 2 tbsp Corn flour
- 4 ½ cup Sugar
- 5 ¼ tsp Cardamom powder
- 6 3 tbsp Almonds chopped
- 7 3 tbsp Pistachios chopped
- 8 a pinch Salt
- Boil the full fat milk in a heavy bottomed pan or non-stick pan. This is to avoid the milk to get burnt at the bottom.
- Soak the dates in milk for about an hour and grind it in a blender to form a fine puree. If it’s still thick add a tbsp of milk and grind.
- Once the milk reaches boil and is reduced to half of its quantity add in the dates puree and stir continuously.
- Keep stirring until the milk is reduced into almost quarter of its quantity.
- Add in Elachi powder. This gives a nice flavour to the kulfi.
- Add in Sugar and stir continuously.
- Add in chopped nuts.
- Mix the corn flour with a tsp of milk and mix well, now add in this corn flour mixture. And stir continuously otherwise corn flour might get deposited in the bottom.
- Switch off the flame in another 5 mins and allow the mixture to cool down completely.
- Pour into kulfi moulds and freeze it for about 8 hours or overnight. After freezing remove the kulfi from the freezer and show the kulfi moulds in running tapwater,the kulfi will come out easily from the mould. Tasty kulfi is now ready to be served.
- If you don’t have kulfi mould, you can use any small cups or vessels and insert a tooth picker in the centre.
- You can even use small clay pots (So you will get the kulfi like what we get in trains)
9) Switch off the flame once it reaches the kulfi consistency and allow the mixture to cool down completely.