Dates Kulfi is a yummy creamy frozen delicacy. It is prepared by reducing full-fat milk to a creamy texture and flavoring with dates, sugar, and chopped nuts.
Kulfi, Can you name anyone who doesn’t like Kulfi 😀 No right. It’s one of the yummiest desserts that can be had all around the year. even if its summer, winter or even on a rainy day.
Kulfi is considered to be a rich variety of ice cream because of its taste and texture. Kulfi is usually prepared by reducing the volume of the creamy full-fat milk and adding in chopped nuts. There are many flavors in Kulfi, Elachi Kulfi, Kesar Pista Kulfi, Mango Kulfi. Today I am sharing Dates Kulfi recipe. I bet you will love this flavor too.
How to prepare Dates Kulfi
9) Switch off the flame once it reaches the creamy texture. Let it cool down.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ? You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Sauce pan
- 12 De Seeded dates
- 1 lit Full fat milk
- 2 tbsp Corn flour
- ½ cup Sugar
- ¼ tsp Cardamom powder
- 3 tbsp Almonds chopped
- 3 tbsp Pistachios chopped
- Salt a pinch
- Boil the full fat milk in a heavy bottomed pan or non-stick pan.
- Soak the dates in milk for about an hour and grind it in a blender to form a fine puree. If it’s still thick add a tbsp of milk and grind.
- Once the milk starts boiling and is reduced to half of its quantity add in the dates puree and stir continuously.
- Keep stirring until the milk is reduced to almost a quarter of its quantity.
- Add in Elachi powder. This gives a nice flavour to the kulfi.
- Add in Sugar and stir continuously.
- Add in chopped nuts.
- Mix the cornflour with a tsp of milk and mix well, now add in this cornflour slurry and mix well
- Switch off the flame in another 5 mins and allow the mixture to cool down completely.
- Pour into kulfi moulds and freeze them for about 8 hours or overnight. After freezing remove the kulfi from the freezer and show the kulfi moulds in running tapwater, the kulfi will come out easily from the mould. Tasty kulfi is now ready to be serve.
- If you don’t have kulfi mould, you can use any small cups or vessels and insert a toothpick in the centre.
- You can even use small clay pots (So you will get the kulfi like what we get in trains)
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.
Leave a Reply