Sheer Khurma is a traditional Muslim breakfast dessert that originated from the Middle East, prepared during Eid/Ramzan. Sheer Kurma is usually served after their morning Prayers .Sheer Khurma literally translates to milk with Dates. It is a milk based pudding prepared with Milk, Vermicelli, Sugar, Dates, Cashew nuts, Pistachios, almonds, Rose Water, Butter/Ghee.
Similar Eid Recipes:
Sheer Khurma | Sheer Korma
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Milk – 1 lit
- Fine Vermicelli Seviyan type – 1 cup
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Condensed milk – 2 tbsp
- Butter or Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Dates – 8
- Cashew nuts -5
- Almonds - 5
- Pistachios - 5
- Rose Water – 1tsp
- Rose Petals few to garnish
- Cardamom Elachi – 2 or Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Soak the Dates in Milk for around 15 mins .Blanch the nuts and slice them lengthwise or vertically and set aside. In a pan heat the butter or ghee and add in the chopped nuts and roast and then set aside.
- In the same pan add in the vermicelli and start roasting till it turn light golden brown and then add in the milk and start cooking till the vermicelli is fully cooked.
- Now add in the Sugar and Condensed milk and mix well. Next add in the Soaked Dates along with the milk and the ghee fried nuts.
- Finally add in the Cardamom powder and Rose Water and Switch off the flame. Garnish with Rose petals and serve.