Fruit cream is a super simple and easy dessert made with fresh seasonal fruits, cream, and sweeteners. It needs only a little effort and results in a rich and royal dessert.
Summer desserts are always fun. This is so easy to make and a no-cook dessert. If you have some fruits lying in the basket you can easily whip up this yummy delicacy in no time. some good reasons to make the best cream and fruit is
- They are no-cook dessert
- Kids friendly
- Gluten-free dessert
- Perfect for parties and potlucks.
Summer Fruit Salad
Summer has always its fresh seasonal produce. The most vibrant and everyone's favorite mangoes, and berries belong to this season. Having said that Fruit cream recipe is a no-cook summer delight. It has a creamy base along with a sweetener and fresh fruits. I also like a bite along with the fruits and hence included some nuts.
We always look for a quick, easy to make dish and cooling food, and fruit with cream ticks all the above. I am using seasonal strawberries, blueberries, grapes, Guava, Papaya, Apple, and banana.
You can also include mangoes, pomegranate, kiwi, and any favorite fresh fruits.
Fresh fruits - I am using strawberry, blueberry, grapes, Guava, Papaya, Apple, and banana. You can also include mangoes, pomegranate, kiwi, or any favorite fresh fruits.
Cream - Whipping cream, Heavy Cream, or even fresh cream works well for the recipe. We whip the cream until soft peaks and mix the fruits.
Honey - You can use powdered sugar or even Maple syrup too. The fruits are already sweet and hence this dessert needs a small quantity of sweetener. No harm in skipping this as well.
Nuts - Adds lovely bite among the fruits. It is totally optional but recommends adding them. I am using almonds, pistachios, and pecans. You can use any other nuts or seeds. Slip them and use or use slivered nut.
Can I make them vegan?
Definitely yes, Use vegan cream and whip them to soft peaks. Other than cream all the ingredients are vegan.
What all fruits can I use in fruit cream salad?
You can use a variety of mixed fruits. I always prefer the fresh and seasonal fruits in the dish.
The best choice for fruits in cream is pomegranate, apple, banana, mango, sapota, papaya, guava, and kiwi. You can also use berries like strawberry, blueberry, and raspberry.
Plum, Cherry, and peaches work well true. If you have tender coconut flesh you can also chop them into small pieces and add it.
You can add any fruits other than citrus fruits. They might react with the cream and curdle at times or reacts in different ways. Hence they are not advisable.
How to make Fruit Cream
1.In a mixing bowl add 1 cup of cream. Using a hand blender or stand mixer whip the cream until soft peaks.
2. Next, add in the honey and gently fold until it combines.
3. Next, add in the fresh fruits. Cut the fruits into similar sizes and then add.
4. Finally add in the chopped pecans, pistachios, and almonds. This is totally optional. I like the crush it gives when had along with fruits and hence recommend adding.
5. Fold everything and mix gently.
6. Clip wrap the bowl and let it chill in the fridge for 2-4 hours and then serve the fruit cream
Tips & Variations
- If you prefer a more rich fruit cream you may add 1.5 cups of cream instead of 1 cup else you can reduce the fruits to 2 cups.
- If using canned fruits. Drain them completely without any moisture and then chop them and add them to the cream.
- You can keep the fruits refrigerated and then add to the cream as and when needed and serve.
- Instead of honey, you can also add maple syrup, condensed milk, or even powdered sugar.
- You can also add vanilla extract or rose water for flavor.
- You can also add in some chocolate chips if you prefer.
- Fruit cream ice cream is another best variation.
- For a healthy fruit cream recipe, you may use greek yogurt in place of cream.
- For a low fat version of the fruit cream recipe with whipped cream, you may use fresh cream with less fat. It may be less creamy but taste-wise there is not much difference.
- Few of the best fruit cream toppings are fruits, sprinkles, nuts, chocolate chips jelly, or even candies.
Goes well when served with ice cream or by itself as a dessert. If serving for the party you can serve them in shot glasses with alternate layers or cakes and jelly.
Makes a perfect after-meal dessert.Perfect for pot lucks or kitty parties as well.
Keeps good in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can store them in an air-tight container. Do not recommend freezing as the cream has dairy. However, you can freeze the cut fruits and them thaw and add them to the cream while preparing.
More Summer desserts
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates from me.
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Hand blender or Stand mixer
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 3 cup Mixed fruits chopped
- ¼ cup Honey
- 2 tbps Pistachios
- 2 tbsp Pecans
- 2 tbsp Almonds
- In a mixing bowl add 1 cup of cream. Using a hand blender or stand mixer whip the cream until soft peaks.
- Next, add in the honey and gently fold until it combines.
- Next, add in the fresh fruits. Cut the fruits into similar sizes and then add.
- Finally add in the chopped pecans, pistachios, and almonds. This is totally optional. I like the crush it gives when had along with fruits and hence recommend adding.
- Fold everything and mix gently.
- Clip wrap the bowl and let it chill in the fridge for 2-4 hours and then serve the fruit cream
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.