Thengai Thogayal | Coconut Thuvayal | How to make Coconut Thogayal with Step by step photos. Thogayal is a classic and perfect side dish to pair with Porridge. It is a comfort food. So many variations are there in the thogayal we can also dry roast and add the dals too. But my mom prepares this way and I learnt this recipe from her. Showing the Dry red chilli in open flames gives a nice smoky flavour to the thogayal. It is easy and comes handy if we are running out of time. Now let’s see how to prepare thengai thogayal in home.
2. Next add the Cumin seeds, Dry Red Chilli, Required Salt, Garlic pods and Tamarind.
3. Blend it to a coarse paste by adding a very little water and the thengai thogayal is ready.
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Grated Coconut – ½ cup
- Dry Red Chilli – 4
- Salt as needed
- Garlic pods – 2
- Tamarind – a small piece
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- In a blender add in the grated coconut. Show the dry red chilli in open flame till it changes colour, say 5-10 secs.
- Next add the Cumin seeds, Dry Red Chilli, Required Salt, Garlic pods and Tamarind.
- Blend it to a coarse paste by adding a very little water and the thengai thogayal is ready.
- Goes very well with Porridge or can be mixed with Steamed Rice and had.
- Can also be served with Idli or Dosa as well.