Green Peas pulao is quick fix for lunch when we were left out with less time to cook any food. Use fresh green peas for the best taste.
Green Peas Pulao
- Pressure Cooker
- Basmati Rice – 1 cup
- Onions – 2 big
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Mint Leaves + Coriander leaves – ½ cup tightly packed
- Capsicum – 1 small sized
- Green Peas – 1 cup
- Green Chilli – 3
- Salt as needed
- Coconut Milk – 1 ¼ cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Oil/Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Bay Leaves – 1
- Cinnamon sticks – ½ inch piece
- Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
- 2 Cloves
- Black stone flower – 1
- Cardamom - 2
- Soak the Basmati rice in water for about 30 mins. In a Pressure cooker add in oil once it heats up add in the ingredients mentioned under the “To Temper” table one by one. Let it fry and gives a nice aroma next add in the thinly sliced onions Fry till it becomes golden brown and then add in the ginger garlic paste fry till the raw smell leaves.
- Now add in the Mint and coriander leaves cook till they shrink, next add in the Green Peas, Capsicum and Green Chilli fry for 2 mins.
- Add in the soaked Rice mix well and give a quick stir, next add in Coconut Milk.
- Mix well add in Salt and lemon juice. Mix well and then cover the pressure cooker. When the pressure starts coming put on the whistle and cook for about 3 minutes or 1 whistle. Wait till the pressure gets released by itself and then open the cooker. Carefully fluff the rice without breaking. Serve hot with any Raita or Chips.
· I used frozen peas, Fresh peas can also be used.
· Tastes best when served with Raita and Chips.
· Makes an easy Lunch box dish.