Rose Granola is a breakfast or snack made with Rolled Oats, Nuts or Seeds, Rose Petals, and any sweeteners. It is aromatic with rose flavors.
Granola is an addictive munchie for me. I kind of have it for mid-morning snack or evening snack and whenever I am bored. At one point of time, I realized store-bought granola is high on sugar. They usually add sweeteners and many preserving agents for more shelf life.
Since then no looking back and I bake my own granola. The best part about baking granola at home is that we can customize it. We can add our favorite ingredients and decrease or increase the ingredients. It is completely our wish.
What is Granola
Granola is a cereal types made of Rolled Oats , Nuts any other sweetener. There is no specific measure of ingredients for granola. We can customize as per our needs , Also only one key in Granola is there every ingredient should be baked to golden and crisp.
Rose Cardamom Granola
Rose Cardamom Granola is loaded with Indian Flavours. I have added rose water , Cardamom powder and Rose petals. It is so aromatic and even while baking the entire room is aromatic. If you like Rose flavour then this will be the perfect recipe for you.
I love rose flavor and i have tried many recipes with this combination. I have another interesting recipe coming soon with Rose and cardamom flavors.
Ingredients for Rose Cardamom Granola:
Rolled Oats are the base ingredient for the granola. We can also use Steel-cut or event Instant oats. But rolled oats is the one that gives the granola feel.
As always Almonds adds a nice volume to the granola. After toasting it gives a nice crunch and yummy texture.
We are using Sunflower seeds , Pumpkin Seeds and Chia seeds in Rose Granola. You an also use Flax seeds or any seeds as you prefer.
Dried Rose Petals
Rose petals are the most important ingredients and not to be missed. Fresh rose petals don't have a longer shelf life, which is why we go for dried rose petals. Yet, while you are consuming you can also add fresh edible rose petals.
Cardamom powder along with rose forms the life of the granola. Hence it is a must.
I wanted the granola to be a vegan snack and hence I added Can sugar. We can also use Maple Syrup. If using reduce the coconut oil to 1 tbsp and add 2 tbsp of Maple Syrup. Same applies to Honey if using.
Tips to Make the Perfect Granola
- The Granola needs some liquid to coat the Dry ingredients, That is why you are adding the oil or the Honey
- .If you are specific about the version, add Maple Syrup.
- If you wanted to skip both Honey & Maple Syrup, You can skip them and add in the Brown Sugar or Cane Sugar. Yet in that case, we need to increase the oil quantity.
- Another important point is never bake the Granola continuously, there is a high chance it gets burnt.
- Bake them for 15 mins and then toss the ingredients on and then bake.
- After baking for 15 mins, further, keep flipping the ingredients once every 5 mins until it's baked.
- The oats might appear soft after baking buts it gets crisp when it cools down.
- The nuts might turn toasted and the oats will be brown, this is when the granola is done.
- Always add the dry fruits after baking the granola as there's a high chance it gets burnt.
- Feel free to customize the ingredients as per your preference.
- Allow the granola to cool completely and then store in an air-tight jar for longer shelf life.
How to Prepare Rose Granola
1) In a mixing bowl add in 1 cup of Rolled Oats .
2) Next add in 2 tbsp of Chia Seeds, ¼ cupof Pumpkin Seeds and ⅛ th cup of Sunflower Seeds.
3) Next add in ¼ cup of Chopped almonds. Combine everything
4)Next add in ¼ cup of Brown Sugar or Country Sugar . To this add in ¼ to ½ tspof Rose Water.
5) Also Add in ⅛ th tsp of Cardamom powder. Combine everything once again.
6) Next add in 2 tbsp of Coconut Oil and mix everything well.
7) Transfer everything to a baking Tray lined with Parchment Paper.
8) Preheat the oven at 180 Deg C for bout 10 min. Bake at 180 Def C for 15 mins.
9) After baking for 15 mins. Fluff the granola with a fork once in every 5 mins. The granola will be ready in 12 to 25 mins of baking.
10 ) Add in 3 tbsp of Rose petas and bake in the last one min for a nice rose flavour and then once you take out of the oven add in the Remainng Rose petals.
11) Also add the dried Cranberries and Dried Apricots at this stage.
12)Allow it to cool completely and then store in a air tight container and use.
Variations to Rose Granola
- You can use any Nuts like Pistachios, Walnuts, Almonds in the granola. Increase or decrease the ingredients as you wish.
- If you are okay with a nonvegan Version you can add Honey as the sweetener.
- We can also add Maple Syrup instead of honey. In that case, you can reduce or decrease the amount of Sugar added
- 4) Add any dry fruits as you wish. I have used cranberries and Apricots.
- Serve with Milk and Fresh Fruits for breakfast.
- If using for snack, Can be had as it is.
Similar Granola Recipes:
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ?
You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Rose Granola | Rose Cardamom Granola
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- ½ cup Almonds
- ⅛ cup Sunflower Seeds
- ¼ cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- ⅛ Dried Cranberry
- ⅛ Dried Apricots
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar or Country Sugar
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- ⅓ cup Dried Rose Petals
- ¼ tsp Rose Water
- ¼ tsp Cardamom powder
- In a mixing bowl add in 1 cup of Rolled Oats .
- Next add in 2 tbsp of Chia Seeds, ¼ cupof Pumpkin Seeds and ⅛ th cup of Sunflower Seeds.
- Next add in ¼ cup of Chopped almonds. Combine everything
- Next add in ¼ cup of Brown Sugar or Country Sugar . To this add in ¼ to ½ tsp of Rose Water.
- Also Add in ⅛ th tsp of Cardamom powder. Combine everything once again.
- Next add in 2 tbsp of Coconunt Oil and mix everything well.
- Transfer everything to a baking Tray lined with Parchment Paper.
- Preheat the oven at 180 Deg C for about 10 min. Bake at 180 Deg C for 15 mins.
- After baking for 15 mins. Fluff the granola with a fork once in every 5 mins and bake. The granola will be ready in 20 to 25 mins of baking. Allow it to cool completely and then store in an air tight container and use.
- Stays good up to 1 month. Can store in refrigerator beyond that.
- Use good quality Dried Rose petals.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist , the nutrition value provided here is an estimate.It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.
Thats a gorgeous snack Sharmila. Love the addition of Indian flavours to granola. Bookmarking this! it is amazing that you have such a detailed and easy to understand post. Kudos to you!
wow! absolutely delicious and a feast for the eyes. Great recipe Sharmila!
Rafeeda - The Big Sweet Tooth
I am loving all the flavors that have gone into making that granola... I am sure to enjoy this if I get to make it...