Chicken 65 Recipe | How to make perfect chicken 65with step by step pictures. Chicken 65 is the perfect combo with biryani. Nobody can disagree on this part. Chicken 65 was founded in the famous Buhari hotel in the year 1965 in Chennai and hence the name chicken 65 ,there has been many theories behind the name but this is the original name reason. Similar Recipes: Similar Recipe: Chicken Tikka Shredded Chicken Roast Click here for more chicken Recipes
Now lets see how to prepare the famous chicken.
How to prepare Chicken 65 , Pictorial
1.In a mixing bowl add in the cleaned chicken pieces
2. To this add in the Red Chilli powder, Garam Masala, Turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, and Coriander powder. Also, add in Corn flour and red food color (if using) mix everything together.
3.Break open an egg and mix everything together well.
4. Finally add in the lemon juice and allow it to marinate for 2 hours.
3.After marinating heat in oil for deep frying in a heavy bottomed kadai.
4.Once the oil is hot add in the marinated chicken and few curry leaves and fry in a medium flame.
5.Cook till the chicken turns golden and is cooked completely. Allow it to drain in paper towel and serve hot.
Makes and yummy appetizer and all time favourite.
Similar Chicken Recipes:
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ?
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Chicken – ½ kg
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala -1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Egg – 1
- Corn flour / Rice flour – 2 tsp
- Red Food colour – a pinch optional
- Lemon juice – ½ tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt as needed
- Curry Leaves – 2 springs
- In a mixing bowl add in the chicken pieces to this add in the Red Chilli powder, Garam Masala, Turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste and Coriander powder.
- Break open an egg and mix everything together well. Next add in the Corn flour and red food colour (if using) mix everything together. Finally add in the lemon juice and allow it to marinate for 2 hours.
- After marinating heat in oil for deep frying in a heavy bottomed kadai.
- Once the oil is hot add in the marinated chicken and few curry leaves and fry in a medium flame.
- Cook till the chicken turns golden and is cooked completely. Allow it to drain in paper towel and serve hot.
- Goes well Rice, Biryani or simply as an appetizer.
- Cook in a medium flame else the chicken might soon turn golden in the outside but would be under cooked from inside.
- Use coconut oil and curry leaves for a nice flavour.
- Don’t over crowd the chicken in the kadai while deep frying. Fry in batches.
- Serve hot for best results.
- Using food colour is not recommended. Instead used Kashmiri red chili powder.
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and use.