Ghee biscuits are very commonly seen in roadside tea shops. If you happen to travel in the suburban trains in Chennai you would have never missed these biscuits.
During my college days, I had this experience of traveling on a train and I have tasted these biscuits frequently, but I never thought of replicating the same in-home, I am so glad and delighted that I could try the same in-home and it tasted similar.
So happy with this experiment and I would say healthy experiment, Yes I used whole wheat flour. I wanted to use cane sugar to make it even more healthy but I don’t want to lose the white color which is the signature of the ghee biscuits hence used white sugar. Next time I would try with Cane Sugar.
The cookie has got a soft and melt in mouth texture and it stays good for up to 2 weeks. The cookie is approved tasty by my hubby and daughter so I am sure everyone would love it .Give a try, dear friends.
How to prepare Ghee biscuits, Pictorial
1. Sieve together whole wheat flour, Powdered sugar, and salt and then in a mixing bowl add in the ghee and sifted wheat flour, Vanilla essence, and salt, Along with them add in the vanilla essence.
2. Mix everything together and form a soft dough. Now with the help of 1 tbsp scoop the dough and place it in the baking tray lined with parchment paper. Continue the same process for the remaining dough. No need to flatten the dough. Instead with the hands also we can form a ball of the dough however using the measuring spoons gives us equal-sized biscuits.
3. Preheat the oven at 180 Deg C for about 10 mins and then bake at 180 Deg C for about 15-17 mins or until the base of the cookies starts to brown. Allow it to cool completely and store in airtight containers.
Delicious melt in mouth Ghee biscuits is ready now!! Perfect for Christmas gifting.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ?
You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Ghee Biscuits | Nei biscuits | Eggless Ghee Cookies
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ cup Ghee
- ½ cup – 2 tbsp Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Salt a pinch
- Sieve together whole wheat flour ,Powdered sugar and salt and then in a mixing bowl add in the ghee and sifted wheat flour ,Vanilla essence and salt ,Along with them add in the vanilla essence.
- Mix everything together and form a soft dough. Now with the help of 1 tbsp scoop the dough and place it in the baking tray lined with parchment paper. Continue the same process for the remaining dough. No need to flatten the dough. Instead with the hands also we can form a ball of the dough however using the measuring spoons gives us equal sized biscuits.
- Preheat the oven at 180 Deg C for about 10 mins and then bake at 180 Deg C for about 15-17 mins or until the base of the cookies starts to brown. Allow it to cool completely and store in air tight containers.
- The baking time may vary from oven to oven so keep a check after 10 mins.
- If your ghee is thick melt it and then use it for the cookies.
- Can be stored for up to 2 weeks.
- Cane sugar can be used instead of white sugar, but I wanted to retain the white color of the cookies and hence used powdered white sugar.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist , the nutrition value provided here is an estimate.It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.
We made your recipe at home and it came out so well thank you for this wonderful recipe. I recommend everyone to try your amazing recipe at home.
These really look so delicious I just want to pluck them out of the screen and eat them all!
These were such a big hit here yesterday. My hubby and kids loved them, and we devoured them so fast! Can’t wait to make these again!
These cookies not only look delicious, but easy to make, too. I can’t wait to make them because I know they’ll be a hit at my house!
These biscuits look delicious! I love that they have so few ingredients.
These biscuits sound like they have such an amazing texture with the addition of the ghee! I love how easily they come together too.
I’ve tried them and they come out perfectly.
Seen tons of recipies using buttermilk, baking soda etc, but they aren’t required everytime and this recipe proves it.