Samosa is a most loved Indian snack .It is either deep fried or baked. It is so popular among the kids too. The only tough job in the samosa preparation is the Samosa sheet, it can also be bought ready made, but when it is so easy to make at home, why do we need to use ready made one!!
Now let’s get started.
Samosa sheets recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : DIY/Kitchen basics
Prep Time: 30 mins |Cook Time :30-50 secs/sheet| Makes: 16 |Author :Sharmila
Maida / All-purpose flour – 2 cups + 2 tbsp for dusting
Salt as needed
Water as needed
Oil – 3 tbsp + 1 tbsp
1. Take all-purpose flour and salt in a bowl .Add in water and knead it to a soft dough .Now sprinkle in the Oil and start kneading the dough once again.
2. Once the dough is kneaded cover it with a damp cloth and allow it to rest for about 20-30 mins. Now divide the kneaded dough into equal sized balls. Roll the balls using a rolling pin.
3. Now take one and with a brush apply oil throughout the surface of the sheet. Sprinkle some more flour over the surface. Spread it over and then place one more on top and stack it.
4. Now roll the stacked sheets once again such that it increases in size. Heat a tawa and the cook the sheets for 30 secs each on either sides.
5. Remove from heat and slowly peel and separate the stacked sheets. Repeat the same process for all and the cut the sheets in any desired shape and use it for preparing samosa’s. You can put it in a zip lock cover and freeze it.
6. To use it for samosa. Cut the sheet into semi-circle and then roll it to form a cone shape and stuff the fillings and then seal it and use it to samosa.
- Usually Samosa sheets are prepared in bulk and stored in freezer.
- It stays good up to 6 months.
- Put it in a zip lock bag and then freeze. Before using the sheet thaw it for some time and then use.
- The sheets can be cup into any desired sheets and used.
- The sheets can be cut into rectangles too.(click here to check how to roll the samosa if used rectangular sheets)
- It can also be used to prepare spring rolls.