Lemon curd is a spread or creamy filling made from lemon. It has a buttery texture and a intense tart lemon flavor.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ?
- Lemon Juice – 3 tbsp
- Lemon Zest – 1 tbsp
- Egg Yolk – 1
- Sugar – ¼ cup
- Butter – ¼ cup
- Peel the Lemon Zest, in a blender add in the Lemon Zest and Sugar and blend well to form a fine powder.
- In a Sauce pan take the butter and add in the ground Lemon Zest and Sugar powder mix well.
- To this now add in the Egg yolk and mix well such that it is fully combined. Next add in the Lemon Juice.
- Now mix well the mixture might appear crumbly. Slowly it will get thick and come to the spread/Jam consistency. Switch off the flame at this stage.
· It can be used as a spread, Dip, filling in tarts, Cakes and many more.
· Store in a sterilized bottle and refrigerate for a longer shelf life.