Rice Ada is a very popular ingredient in Kerala .It is used to prepare Kheer predominantly. Especially during the Onam Sadhya Kheer Made with Ada never fails to take place in the menu. The Rice ada comes in different sizes I have used a very small variety ada if you are using the bigger one chop them and then use, otherwise it might take little more time than usual. Today I am sharing a much simpler version with Milk, It is easy and can be prepared in just. Now let’s get started!!
Palada Payasam | Palada Pradhaman
- Rice Ada – ¼ cup
- Sugar – ⅓ cup
- Milk – 2 cups
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Ghee – ½ tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 6-7
- Wash and clean the Rice ada, drain the water and set it aside.
- Start boiling the milk, once the milk comes to a boil simmer it for 5 mins and then add in the washed Rice Ada.
- Cook till the Rice Ada is fully done. Next add in the Sugar. Let it dissolve completely.
- Now add in the Cardamom Powder and mix well. Switch off the flame
- Meanwhile heat ghee in a pan add in the Cashewnuts and roast it till golden brown and add it to the Payasam. Serve hot or chilled
· Add Condensed milk and skip sugar if you prefer a creamier version.
· Add in Raisins also if you prefer.