Millet Poha Ladoo is a super yummy and mindful snack prepared with the Millet Flakes. It is so easy and quick can be best called as Instant Ladoo
Millet is a super food which is rich in fiber and hence its been widely consumed these days.
I usually try to use a lot of Millet in our daily foods from snack to the regular meal.
I have tried many interesting recipes with Millet Flakes .This recipe is one such find and we all loved it.
We have been using Millets regularly in our diet and i like them equally as rice.
What is Millet Flakes:
Millets Flakes are the flatten and beaten version of the Millets. Similar to the Poha for Rice , Millets Flakes are for Millet.
Can we Replace Sugar with Jaggery for the Ladoo:
A big yes , Instead of sugar we can use other sweetners. Jaggery ,Country sugar or even Palm Jaggery.
Why my Ladoo do not hold Shape:
If the Millets are coarse and not a fine powder the ladoo will not hold shape.
If we replace or reduce the amount of gheethat needs to be added the Ladoo will not hold shape.
These are the most common mistakes that might happen but we have a solution for everything when making Ladoos.
What if i add more ghee to the Ladoo:
We can use more powdered millet flakes , so that the ladoo becomes sturdy .Otherwise the Ladoo can be refrigerated ,so the ladoo becomes sturdy.
Few interesting recipes that i have posted already in blog with Millet Flakes:
Click for more Millet Recipes.
How to make Millet Poha Ladoo:
1.In a Sauce Pan add in 1 cup of Millet Poha Flakes .Dry Roast in a low flame until crisp.It will take 2 mins in low flame.
2.Transfer the Millet powder to a blender ,to this add half cup of Sugar and 3 Cardamom pod.
3.Grind it to a fine powder.Heat a pan with Ghee to this add in the cashew nuts and roast until golden.Transfer the ground millet to a mixing bowl .
4.To this add in the ghee along with the cashew nuts.Combine everything with a spoon .Mix well with hands
5. Shape the Ladoo. Millet Poha ladoos are now ready to serve.
You might also like these recipes:
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ?
Millet Poha Ladoo
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- 1 cup Millet Poha Flakes I used Kodo Millet Poha
- ½ cup Sugar
- 3 Cardamom Pods
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 2 tbsp Cashew nuts Roughly Broken
- In a Sauce Pan add in 1 cup of Millet Poha Flakes , Dry Roast in a low flame until crisp.It will take 2 mins in low flame. Switch off.
- Transfer the Millet powder to a blender ,to this add half cup of Sugar and 3 Cardamom pod.
- Grind it to a fine powder.Heat a pan with Ghee to this add in the cashew nuts and roast until golden.
- Transfer the ground millet to a mixing bowl , To this add in the ghee along with the cashew nuts.
- Combine everything with a spoon and then mix well with hands and then shape the ladoos of equal size. Millet Poha ladoos are now ready to be served.
- Stays good for a Week
- Use any Millet Poha varities as you wish. I used Kodo Millet Poha.
- Millet Poha Flakes are easily available in all organic shops.