A refreshing twist to the traditional lassi. Rose lassi is a chilled summer drink with yogurt, rose extract along with milk.
Follow us on Pinterest for delicious pins. Join our Facebook group for more Instant Pot and Air Fryer recipes.
Lassi is quite a refreshing summer drink on a hot day. Lassi is very good for health as it cools our body. Rose flavor in lassi works very well. It is too refreshing and perfect with the blend of flavors.
What is Lassi
Lassi is an Indian yogurt drink precisely buttermilk in the regional language. It is a blend of buttermilk with salt, water, and spices. It is sweet or salt flavored. These days we prepare lassi in various flavors.
Rose flavored lassi is one among them and very popular. It has rose syrup, rose water added and sweetened to the Yogurt. The mixture blended until perfection.
Rose lassi drink
Rose Lassi or Gulab lassi is the rose flavored Indian yogurt drink made with plain yogurt, rose syrup, Gulkand (Rose petals preserve), and sweetener. It is a perfect summer drink and helps in cooling the body.
Yogurt - Use plain unflavored yogurt.
Milk - Use full cream milk for a creamier lassi.
Water - It helps to blend the lassi and bring them to the perfect consistency.
Rose Syrup - You can use any store-bought rose syrup. I am using rooh afza and it was perfect.
Sweetener - Rose syrup is already sweet and hence add the required sugar only if needed.
Gulkand - It is the rose petals jam. It helps in cooling the body. So I prefer adding them when I prepare rose lassi during summer.
Garnish - Use any garnish as you prefer. You can add in saffron, rose petals, or any nuts as you prefer.
What is rose lassi made of?
Rose lassi is made of yogurt, Milk, Water, Rose syrup, Gulkand and sweetener, and toppings of your choice.
Rose lassi benefits
It has a lovely cooling property. It is perfect for hydration on a hot sunny day. Yogurt and Gulkand both are good for cooling the body.
Can Rose Lassi be made vegan?
Yes easily. For a vegan rose lassi use vegan yogurt in place of plain yogurt and use Almond Milk or just skip milk in place of regular dairy milk.
How to make Rose Lassi
1. In a blender or food processor add the Yogurt, Milk, and Water blend for 30 secs. Open the blender and the mixture appears frothy now. To this add in the Rose syrup, Gulkand (if using), and Sugar.
2. Once again blend it for about a min or till your lassi looks frothy. Serve chilled by topping with ice cubes as by topping with nuts.
Tips & Variations
- You may also add in some ice cubes and serve the lassi chilled.
- For a vegan version of rose lassi recipe use vegan yogurt and non dairy milk like almond or soy milk.
- You can easily convert it to a rose smoothie too by adding any fruit of your choice. Apple, Strawberry, and Mango work well.
- For a creamier lassi add full-fat yogurt. You can skip adding water and use milk instead.
Serve rose sweet lassi as an after-meal drink. It gives a wonderful and refreshing experience after a spicy hot meal.
Stays good in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. I do not recommend freezing the lassi as it is a dairy product.
More Lassi recipes
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates from me.
Rose Sweet Lassi
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- 2 cup Thick Curd /Yogurt
- ½ cup Milk
- ½ cup Water
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 4 tbsp Rose syrup
- 1 tbsp Gulkand
- Ice Cubes as needed
- Nuts optional (to garnish)
- Rose Petals (to garnish)
- In a blender or food processor add the Yogurt, Milk, and Water blend for 30 secs. Open the blender and the mixture appears frothy now. To this add in the Rose syrup, Gulkand (if using), and Sugar.
- Once again blend it for about a min or till your lassi looks frothy. Serve chilled by topping with ice cubes as by topping with nuts.
- You can also add few rose petals while preparing the lassi.
- Just before serving the lassi you can add ice cubes.
- Can be served as an after meal drink on a hot sunny day.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used
Note: This post is originally from 2016. I have updated with a new Recipe card, Pictures now.
The Rose Lassi sounds very interesting . I must try this, it's rather unique, so simple and quick one to enjoy in summers.
I would love a glass of this right now. This is loved in our home and that picture of rose lassi makes me crave.