Badam Milk is a creamy beverage prepared from Milk and Almonds. Milk is simmered and flavored with Almonds and Saffron
Badam milk/Almond milk is an easy way to incorporate healthy Almonds into our food. Especially for kids who don't like it. If on a busy day we had to skip our breakfast drinking Badam milk will be a healthy alternative.
Of all the nuts Almonds are packed with nutrients and beneficial components . They are rich in Protein, Fiber, Calcium, and Vitamin E. Almonds are good for your heart, helps in brain development, skincare too.
What is Badam Milk
Badam Milk is a sweet rich badam, cardamom and saffron flavored milk. It is a very popular street food in India. You may serve it hot or cold. Goes well in both ways.
How to make Badam Milk
1. Wash and soak almonds in hot water for an hour and then peel the skin.
2. Bring milk to a boil and add sugar and cardamom powder.
3. While the milk boils, blend the almonds with little milk to a smooth paste.
4. Add this to the boiling milk along with the Saffron Strands.
5. Simmer for 5 minutes, and switch off the flame.
6. Serve Chilled or warm as you like. Tastes good either way.
Tips & Variations
- Use full cream milk for a rich badam milk.
- you can add a tsp of rose water if you like rose flavor.
- You can also add few almond pieces in the badam milk. It gives a nice texture to the drink.
Badam Milk stays good in the fridge for 3 days. Store in a good fridge container. I do not recommend freezing.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ? You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Almond Milk | Badam Milk
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Sauce pan
- 15 Almonds / Badam
- 2 cups Milk
- 4 tsp Sugar
- Saffron generous pinch
- ¼ tsp Cardamon powder
- Wash and soak almonds in hot water for an hour and then peel the skin.
- Bring milk to a boil and add sugar and cardamom powder.
- While the milk boils, blend the almonds with little milk to a smooth paste.
- Add this to the boiling milk along with the Saffron Strands.
- Simmer for 5 minutes , and switch off the flame.
- Serve Chilled or warm as you like. Tastes good either ways.
- Saffron can also be skipped if you don't prefer.
- Replace sugar with jaggery for a healthier version.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist , the nutrition value provided here is an estimate.It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.