Black bean and corn salad with juicy cherry tomato and English cucumber make a filling wholesome salad. Perfect 30 mins dinner option.
I love to make salads with fresh seasonal produce. And as always summer always brings us lots of cherry tomatoes and put them to good use. Added black beans for more proteins and sweet corn for a sweet finish.
Black bean - beans are a good source of calcium, fiber, plant based protein. They help us keep full for a longer time
Sweet Corn - Helps balance the flavors and the sweet bite is really good in the salads.
Cherry Tomato - They are fresh and naturally sweet. Made use of fresh summer produce.
Cucumber - Use good quality English cucumbers. They have thin and smaller seeds and are perfect for salads.
Red Onion - Goes well in salads.
Cilantro - Gives a fresh flavor to the salad. Parsley or even dill leaves go well in the salad.
Olive - Use EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil ) for the best taste
Lemon Juice - Balance the taste and you may also add in a pinch of lemon zest.
Salt and pepper - For the taste and perfect punch.
How to make black bean and corn salad
1.In a small mason jar add olive oil, salt, lemon juice, and pepper powder.
2. Shake well until combined and set aside until use.
3. In a bowl add the black beans, sweet corn, sliced cherry tomato, and diced English cucumber. Also, add sliced red onions and finely chopped Cilantro.
4. Add the prepared dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine.
5. Black bean and corn salad is ready.
Tips & Variations
- You can also add an avocado to a more fiber salad.
- Serve the salad immediately once you mix it with the dressing.
- You may also use canned beans or corn. Strain the water and use it in the salad.
- I used my Instant Pot Cooked Black beans.
Makes a filling dinner option with some bread or breadsticks. You can easily prep the ingredients and prepare the salad in just 5 mins and serve.
Do not recommend storing the salad after adding the dressing. Instead, you can make the dressing and store it for 2 days. Likewise, chop the veggies and prep the beans and refrigerate or freeze as you prefer.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates from me.
Black Beans and Corn Salad
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Mixing Bowl
- Mason jar
- 1 cup Cherry Tomato
- 1 cup Black Beans
- 1 cup Sweet Corn
- 1 English cucumber diced
- ½ Red Onion
- 2 tbsp Cilantro
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- Salt as needed
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper powder
- In a small mason jar add olive oil, salt, lemon juice, and pepper powder.
- Shake well until combined and set aside until use.
- In a bowl add the black beans, sweet corn, sliced cherry tomato, and diced English cucumber. Also, add sliced red onions and finely chopped Cilantro.
- Add the prepared dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine.
- Black beans and corn salad is ready.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.