Mediterranean chickpea salad is loaded with delicious and healthy ingredients. It is such a filling salad and makes a perfect lunch or dinner.
Any day any time Mediterranean chickpea salad comes for a rescue. I call it complete. It is loaded with proteins and makes a filling and healthy salad. I have taken this as a whole meal with smoothies or fruits many days. It keeps me full for a longer time.
Delish Mediterranean chickpea salad
This garbanzo beans salad is utmost the simplest. With some minimal meal prep, you put this salad ready on your table in just 5 mins. all you have to do is add the ingredients and whip it up.
Mediterranean chickpea salad with feta or goat cheese either way I prefer. I usually add them as per the availability of the ingredients. Salad with chickpeas are rich in protein and hence it keeps us full for a longer time. If you like more colors in your salad try using red bell pepper or Cherry tomatoes and yellow bell pepper. Also, make sure you add freshly ground black pepper for the best taste. Makes a perfect summer salad too.
Chickpea - Use dried or canned chickpeas. If you are using canned chickpeas you may drain the excess water and use the beans directly in a salad. If using dried chickpeas you can soak them overnight and then cook in Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker.
Vegetables - I am using Cucumber, Onion, and Bell Pepper. Use colored bell pepper for a nice pop of color salad.
Goat Cheese - Gives a light creamy texture to the salad. Crumble and add them to the salad.
Add ons - You can also use some sliced cherry tomato or black olives in the salad.
Herbs - Use Cilantro or Parsely for the salad.Seasonings - We are using just salt and pepper along with a tint of garlic. Use red chili flakes for a more spicy salad.
Nuts - Use toasted Almonds or Pecans for a crush in the salad.
Salad Dressing - Made with extra virgin olive oil, Maple Syrup, and Vinegar.
1. In a mixing bowl add in the cooked Garbanzo beans. I usually soak them over night and pressure cook for 3 whistles. They are soft and perfect. You can also use canned chickpeas
2. Next add in chopped Cucumber, Chopped bell pepper, and finely chopped Cilantro and Onion.
3. And then add crumbled goat cheese and crushed pecans. this is totally optional. You can skip the cheese for a vegan version.
4. In another small bowl add in the ingredients for Salad dressing. Whisk well until combined. You can also add everything to a small jar and shake well for them to combine evenly.
5. Add the salad dressing to the salad. Combine evenly. Chickpeas salad is ready.
Tips & Variations
- After mixing the salad. Let it sit for 30 mins to 1 hour. This lets the flavors infuse and taste the best.
- Adjust the dressing as per your taste. I always change every single time.
- Chop the veggies in similar sizes. This goes for almost all salads and gives equal portions of all the ingredients in every bite of the salad.
- This makes a perfect easy to whip up salad if you are a meal prep person. comes handy with the ingredients being ready.
- Always garnish the cheese alone just before serving. It stays fresh when served immediately.
Serve as a whole meal. It also goes well with some Pita chips or burrito bowls. You can also wrap them in tortillas or Pita pockets and serve.
Always Chop the ingredients and store them separately. You may also whip up the vinaigrette and store them in a mason jar in the fridge. Just before serving combine everything and then serve.
More Salad Recipes
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Mediterranean chickpea salad
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- 2 cup Garbanzo beans or Chickepeas Cooked
- ½ cup Cucumber
- ¼ cup Bell Pepper
- 1 Onion Medium sized
- ¼ cup Cilantro Finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Goat Cheese Skip for vegan version
- ¼ cup Pecans
For Salad Dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 3 Garlic
- In a mixing bowl add in the cooked Garbanzo beans. I usually soak them over night and pressure cook for 3 whistles. They are soft and perfect. You can also use canned chickpeas
- Next add in chopped Cucumber, Chopped bell pepper, and finely chopped Cilantro and Onion.
- And then add crumbled goat cheese and crushed pecans. this is totally optional. You can skip the cheese for a vegan version.
- In another small bowl add in the ingredients for Salad dressing. Whisk well until combined. You can also add everything to a small jar and shake well for them to combine evenly.
- Add the salad dressing to the salad. Combine evenly. Chickpeas salad is ready.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.