Breakfast Cookies are a healthy delight to start our day. They are soft, chewy, and loaded with nutrients.
I am not a sweet tooth person, but I always like to munch on some hearty delights. I wanted it guilt-free and healthy and it must please the instant cravings. Breakfast cookies tick everything.
To be frank I dint have it for breakfast. I had it as a snack whenever I need some munch on.
It has Rolled Oats and creamy Almond butter along with banana, dry fruits, and nuts. It is like a total energy bar and has everything healthy.
I used Honey but definitely, it can be replaced with Maple Syrup for a Vegan Version.
The best part has no all-purpose flour or any other flour. No butter, no eggs, and now I think I have given enough reasons to bake these hearty delights.
Ingredients for Breakfast Cookies
Breakfast cookies have everything edible and yummy. It has fruits,nuts, dry fruits, and seeds. For binding the cookies together I have used Almond Butter. You can use any nut butter in place of this.
Always use a very ripe banana for the cookies. We will be mashing the banana well and binding it with the other ingredients. Make sure you got ½ cup of puree from the mashed banana.
Rolled Oats give a nice texture and Volume to the cookies. The cookies get a chewy texture from the addition of the rolled oats. We normally used old fashioned rolled oats in cookies. Yet we can also use Steel-cut or Instant Oats. For a gluten-free version use, Gluten-free rolled Oats.
Nut butter is the main binding agent in the cookies. I have used Almond Butter. In place of Almond butter, we can use any Nut Butter like Peanut Butter or Cashew Butter.
We are using a less quantity of sugar for the sweetness. Hence the main sweetness comes from the dry fruits and banana added. I have used Cranberries, Apricots. Feel free to experiment and add any dry fruits as you prefer.
We can also use any dry fruits with natural sweetness like Raisins, dried Blueberries. We can also use Desiccated coconut in place of Shredded Coconut
Seeds & Nuts
The same applies to the nuts and seeds added like the dry fruits. Follow the measurements but we can customize the nuts to be added based on the availability. We can also add Chia Seeds, Walnuts, Pistachios, Pecans. Feel free to play around and customize.
How to Store :
Breakfast Cookies have a soft Chewy texture. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days. If you need even more shelf life the best would be to refrigirate.also, you can freeze it for up to 3 months.
Breakfast cookies have crispy edges immediately after baking but tend to get soft as it cools down.
Serve the cookies for breakfast along with a cup of Milk. Also, you can carry it as a snack for the immediate hunger pans.
How to Prepare Breakfast Cookies, Pictorial
1.In a mixing bowl add in the ripe banana Use a really rip big banana If mashed it should measure ½ cup approximately. Mash it really well.
2.To this add in 2 tbsp of honey and ½ cup of Almond butter.
3.Next add in ¼ tsp of baking Soda and a pinch of Salt. Whisk well and combine everything together until its mixed evenly.
4.Next add in the 1.5 cups of rolled oats and ¼ cup of Pumpkin Seeds.
5.Add in ⅛ cup of Sunflower Seeds, ¼ cup of Shredded Coconut, ¼ cup of Dried Cranberry, and ¼ cup of Dried Apricots.
6.Finally, add in ⅛ cup of Almonds and mix everything together, Combine everything.
7. Divide into equal portions using an icecream scoop or a teaspoon and shape the cookies. Press in between the palms and shape the cookies.
8. Preheat an oven at 180 Deg C for about 10 mins and then Bake at 20 to 25 mins or until one side of the cookies brown.
Let it cool completely and then store and serve.
Tips to make the perfect Cookies
- If the Almond butter is very thick. Microwave it for few secs and then use it.
- If you feel the Cookies are not coming other then add more Almond Butter until the cookies come together and hold shape.
- Always a very ripe banana.
- Use gluten-free rolled Oats for a GF version.
- Use Maple Syrup instead of Honey for Vegan Cookies.
- If you like add some Chocolate Chips for sweetness also a tbsp of cocoa powder.
- ½ cup Banana
- ½ cup Almond Butter
- 2 tbsp Honey Use Maple Syrup for Vegan Version
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- Salt a pinch
- 1½ cup Rolled Oats
- ¼ cup Pumpkin Seeds
- ⅛ cup Sunflower Seeds
- ¼ cup Grated Coconut
- ⅛ cup Almonds
- ¼ cup Dried cranberry
- ¼ cup Dried Apricots
- In a mixing bowl add in the ripe banana Use a really rip big banana If mashed it should measure ½ cup approximately. Mash it really well.
- To this add in 2tbsp of honey and ½ cup of Almond butter.
- Next add in ¼ tsp of baking Soda and a pinch of Salt.
- Whisk well and combine everything together until its mixed evenly.
- Next add in the 1.5 cups of rolled Oats and ¼ cup of Pumpkin Seeds.
- Add in ⅛ cup of Sunflower Seeds, ¼ cup of Shredded Coconut , ¼ cup of Dried Cranberry and ¼ cup of Dried Apricots.
- Finally add in ⅛ cup of Almonds and mix everything together,
- Combine everything.
- Divide in equal portions using an icecream scoop or a teaspoon and shape the cookies.
- Preheat a oven at 180 Deg C for about 10 mins an then Bake at 20 to 25 mins or until the one side of the cookies brown.
- Let it cool completely and then store and serve.
- Serve for breakfast along with fresh fruits and Milk.
- Instead of Honey you can use 3 tbsp of Maple Syrup for a Vegan Version.
- You can also use Peanut butter or Cashew Butter in place of Almond Butter.
- It is soft and chewy and perfect for breakfast.
- The cookies get browed easily , So keep a check after 20 mins.
- The baking time also vary from oven to oven.