Carrot Kheer Recipe | Carrot Payasam | Gajar Kheer with step by step photos .Carrot is a sweet vegetable and perfect for preparing any desserts. Carrot halwa, Carrot burfi, Carrot cake, Carrot cookies and many more can be prepared with this wonder vegetable. It has a pretty colour similar to saffron which makes it as a favourite for all.
Today I have prepared a yummy kheer with carrot it is so creamy and tasty and it tastes best when served chilled .It can really makes our festival days even more special. Now let’s see how to prepare this yummy Carrot Kheer.
2. After removing the nuts, in the same pan add the grated carrot and roast in a low flame till the raw smell of the carrots leave .Next add in half cup of milk and cook till the milk completely evaporates.
3. Allow it to cool down, then add in the cooked carrot and almonds and 3 tbsp of water and grind it to a fine puree.
4. In a pan heat the remaining milk when it comes to a boil, simmer it and add in the ground carrot almond puree, Mix well.
5. Now add the Sugar, Cardamom powder and mix well.
6. Continue cooking when it becomes slightly thick and creamy garnish with the cashew nuts and switch off the flame.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 87
Carrot Kheer | Carrot Payasam | Gajar Kheer
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Grated Carrot - 1 cup
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Milk – 3 cup
- Water – 3 tbsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Cashew nut – 8
- Almonds - 15
- Heat a pan, roast the cashew nuts to be used for garnishing till golden brown and set aside. Grate the carrots and keep it ready .Soak the almonds in hot water for 15 mins.
- After removing the nuts, in the same pan add the grated carrot and roast in a low flame till the raw smell of the carrots leave .Next add in half cup of milk and cook till the milk completely evaporates.
- Allow it to cool down, then add in the cooked carrot and almonds and 3 tbsp of water and grind it to a fine puree.
- In a pan heat the remaining milk when it comes to a boil, simmer it and add in the ground carrot almond puree, Mix well.
- Now add the Sugar, Cardamom powder and mix well.
- Continue cooking when it becomes slightly thick and creamy garnish with the cashew nuts and switch off the flame.
· Add Saffron if you prefer.
· Adding almonds give a nice creamy texture to the kheer so don’t omit it.
· Add half cup of extra milk if you think your kheer is very thick.
· Adjust the sweetness as per your taste
Love the color of the carrot payasam..I have never pureed the carrots for the kheer, but I see this lends a beautiful uniform color and texture to the kheer..next time I shall follow this recipe. yes I will remember to add almonds, they sure will make it creamy.Yum Kheer!!
That is a rich payasam with almonds and carrots. It looks so colourful and guess it tastes divine..
Beautiful looking payasam and suitable for any festive occasion.
Carrot kheer sounds so delicious !!! Adding almond makes it more richer, totally yummy!!!
Perfect payasam for any occassion. Love the addition of nuts and that makes it more creamy and rich.
Am in love with this kheer, and the colour is seriously very pleasing to eyes. Creamy carrot kheer tempts me a lot.
I love carrot Kheer because it’s much easier to make than carrot halwa but still tastes a little like it. Love that beautiful color of your halwa - looks very inviting.
The colour looks awesome Sharmila, very nicely done..I remember making this couple of times and enjoyed it.
Beautiful colour of the kheer. I've never made kheer using carrots. Looks so delicious. A good healthy dessert.
Oh my god such an creamy and delicious carrot kheer, excellent twist to add some almonds in them.. I am in love with color ,looks so vibrant with natural colors of the carrot !!
I love carrot kheer and yours have turned out just amazing. I love the way you presented it so beautifully.
I love carrot kheer and make a big batch and have it in the refrigerator for the boys to drink instead of their evening milk. So healthy and flavorful!
Love this vibrant colored kheer. Looks very inviting.
Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen
We love carrot kheer! Another delicious way to eat carrots especially with kids! Beautiful color and finger licking taste!!
Such a beautiful color and looks so delicious as well.Grinding nut with carrots would have made the kheer all the more creamier!
Love rich and creamy kheer with addition of carrot... Good way to serve veggies too kids.