Instant Rava Sweet Appam recipe with step by step photos. Appam is a traditional sweet prepared mainly during festival to distribute among the relatives and neighbours. Traditional appams are usually prepared using Rice flour and Jaggery and require some waiting time. Today I have shared an instant version with very few ingredients but tastes equally good and can be prepared in less than 30 mins from the start to the finish.
Serve hot .
Instant Rava Sweet Appam | Semolina Sweet Appam
- Rava / Sooji / Semolina – ½ cup
- Maida – ¾ cup
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Water as needed
- Salt a pinch
- Cardamom /Elachi powder – ½ tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- In a mixing bowl take the Rava at first and then add in the Maida sprinkle little water and give a gentle mix the dough will resemble bread crumbs now.
- Next to this add in the Sugar mix well with hands such that the sugar melts and dissolves completely so that the dough becomes little loose now. Now add in little water and bring it to the idli batter consistency. Make sure there is no lumps in the batter.
- Now add in the Salt and Cardamom Powder and mix well to the batter.
- Now the batter is ready. Allow it to rest for 20 mins. Heat a pan with oil for deep frying.
- Take a small ladle full of batter and pour directly in the hot oil, don’t disturb it. The batter will puff up and raise up cook in a medium flame. Once the appam puffs and comes up in the flip gently and cook on both the sides in a medium flame till golden brown.
- Drain from the oil and put it in paper towel to remove excess oil and serve hot.