4. Strain the jaggery water to remove the impurities and then boil the jaggery water once again till it becomes thick.
Ada Pradhaman |Kerala Style Ada Payasam
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Ada / Rice Flakes – 1 cup
- Thick Coconut Milk – ½ cup
- Thin Coconut Milk – ½ cup
- Jaggery – 1 cup
- Water – ½ cup
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 6-8
- Raisins – 6
- Grated Coconut – 1 tbsp
- Cardamom Powder – ½ tsp
- Take Ada in a bowl add in water till the immersing level and soak it for 15 mins and then strain and set it aside.
- Heat ghee in a kadai and then fry the cashew nuts and raisin till golden and set it aside fry the grated coconut in the same ghee till golden brown and set it aside.
- In a pan add in water and then Jaggery allow it to cook till the jaggery is completely dissolved.
- Strain the jaggery water to remove the impurities and then boil the jaggery water once again till it becomes thick.
- In a pan add in the soaked Rice ada and little water and cook to this add in the jaggery water and continue cooking.
- When the Ada gets thick add in the cardamom powder and give a good mix.
- Now add in the thin coconut milk and cook till it becomes thick and now add in the roasted nuts and coconut.
- Now add in the thick coconut milk and give a good mix and switch off the flame.
· The colour of the payasam totally depends on the type ofjaggery used.
· Serve as a dessert after meal.