Black Channa is a healthy protein rich pulse that goes well with any Indian Flat bread or Rice. It is so simple and easy to prepare with minimal ingredients
Kala channa Masala Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Side Dish
Prep Time: Overnight soaking time + 10 mins |Cook Time: 20 mins |Serves:3 |Author :Sharmila
Kala Channa Black Channa – 1 cup
Onion – 1
Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
Tomato – 1
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Garam Masala – ½ tsp
Salt as needed
Water as needed
Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves -1 spring
1. Soak the Balck Channa Overnight and in the morning .Pressure cook it by adding water and a pinch of salt for 4 whistles or till it is cooked .Dont leave it to mash. Wait till the pressure gets released by itself and strain the channa and set aside.
2. In a Kadai add in oil once the oil becomes hot add in Mustard Seeds wait till it splutter and then add in the Curry Leaves and saute for few secs and the add in finely chopped onions fry till they becomes translucent and then add in ginger garlic paste fry till the raw smell leaves completely, cook it low flame or the ginger garlic paste might get burnt. Next add in the tomatoes and cook till they becomes mushy.
3. Next add in the spice powders and mix well and cook till the masala blends well and then add in the cooked black channa.
4. Mix well and sprinkle little water and cook for 5 mins till everything comes together. And switch off the flame.
- Goes well with Rice ,Roti or any Pulav.
- Serve by squeezing a lemon on top.