Mutton brain Egg Burji is a healthy lunch side dish with egg and mutton brain. It is very good for lactating mothers.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks so much ?
Mutton brain Egg Burji | Aatu moolai Muttai Podimas
- Goat Brain – 1
- Egg – 2
- Shallots/Small onions – 6-8
- Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – a generous pinch
- Pepper powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt as needed
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Clean the Mutton brain by rinsing well with water and then remove the red vein part. After removing the red vein and clean in water once again.
- Heat a kadai with oil Once its hot add in mustard seeds let it splutter and then add curry leaves daute and then add in the chopped small onions saute till glossy.
- Add in the salt, turmeric power and then pepper powder. Mix well.
- Next add in the cleaned goat brain saute in a low flame. Add in 2 tbsp of water cook till the its done. It take less than 5 mins to cook. So don’t cook for more time.
- Once the goat’s brain is completely cooked. Move it to one side of the pan break open the egg and scramble it cook till the raw smell leave sand the egg is completely cooked. Mix everything together and cook in a low flame for another min and then switch off the flame.
· Can be served along with roti or rice.
· Goat’s brain gets cooked really soon so don’t cook for a longer time.