Mutton brain Egg Burji is a healthy lunch side dish with egg and mutton brain. It is very good for lactating mothers.
Mutton brain Egg Burji | Aatu moolai Muttai Podimas with step by step pictures. The goat brain is very good for lactating mothers. Brain bhurji tastes almost similar to the egg when cooked along with an egg. My mom used to make this mutton brain egg burji for me after my delivery.
I am not a great fan of the mutton brain but this simple and easy recipe helps me to eat the healthy mutton brain without any second thoughts. Now let’s see how to prepare mutton brain egg burji.
Served along with roti or rice.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks so much. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube, and Twitter for more updates
Mutton brain Egg Burji | Aatu moolai Muttai Podimas
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- 1 Goat Brain
- 2 Egg
- 8 Shallots/Small onions
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Pepper powder
- Salt as needed
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Clean the Mutton brain by rinsing well with water and then remove the red vein part. After removing the red vein and clean in water once again.
- Heat a kadai with oil Once its hot add in mustard seeds let it splutter and then add curry leaves daute and then add in the chopped small onions saute till glossy.
- Add in the salt, turmeric power and then pepper powder. Mix well.
- Next add in the cleaned goat brain saute in a low flame. Add in 2 tbsp of water cook till the its done. It take less than 5 mins to cook. So don’t cook for more time.
- Once the goat’s brain is completely cooked. Move it to one side of the pan break open the egg and scramble it cook till the raw smell leave sand the egg is completely cooked. Mix everything together and cook in a low flame for another min and then switch off the flame.
· Can be served along with roti or rice.
· Goat’s brain gets cooked really soon so don’t cook for a longer time.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.