Classic French Toast is the best easiest and quick breakfast that you can make in just 10 mins. It is perfect for a busy working day.
French Toast Recipe | how to make French Toast with Eggs with step by step photos .French toast is one of my lazy day breakfast recipes. It can be prepared easily with just eggs, milk and bread. For healthier version honey can be used as a sweetener. For eggless version of French toast we can use custard powder instead of egg will share the eggless version soon.
Perfect for a lazy morning with some milk and fruits. Now let’s see how to prepare French toast.
Bread - You can use white bread or wheat bread. Use brioche bread for a rich toast.
Eggs - Use eggs at room temperature.
Milk - Use whole milk. You can also use half and half or heavy cream for a richer version.
Vanilla extract - I prefer pure vanilla extract. You can also use cinnamon powder instead of vanilla extract.
Sugar - Use sugar or any other sweeteners like honey or maple syrup too.
How to make French Toast
1.In a mixing bowl, break open two eggs.
2. Add in Vanilla extract. You can also add cardamom powder or cinnamon powder.
3. To this add in ¼ cup milk.
4. Next, add sugar or honey. Beat well so that everything is evenly mixed and the egg mixture is fluffy.
5. Dip the bread in the prepared egg mixture such that it is evenly coated on both sides.
6. Heat a skillet and toast the bread slices on both sides such that it is golden and cooked on both sides. Serve hot.
Classic French Toast is ready. Serve with a drizzle of honey or Maple syrup
Tips & Variations
- Always scramble the eggs well while preparing the egg custard.
- Do not let the eggs sit in the egg custard for too long. It turns the bread soggy. Dip well on both the sides and remove immediately.
- Top the french toast with powdered sugar, maple syrup or with any fresh fruits and serve.
Frech Toast Video
Do check out the quick french toast video on youtube.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates from me.
How to prepare French Toast
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Bread Slices – 4
- Egg – 1
- Milk – ¼ cup
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Cardamom powder or Vanilla Essence or Cinnamon Powder – ½ tsp
- In a mixing bowl, break open two eggs.
- Add in Vanilla extract. You can also add cardamom powder or cinnamon powder.
- To this add in milk.
- Next, add sugar or honey. Beat well so that everything is evenly mixed and the egg mixture is fluffy.
- Dip the bread in the prepared egg mixture such that it is evenly coated on both sides.
- Heat a skillet and toast the bread slices on both sides such that it is golden and evenly cooked on both sides. Serve hot.
· You can replace Cardamom powder with Vanilla Essence or Cinnamon Powder.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used
Note: This post is originally from 2018. I have updated with a new Recipe card, Pictures and video now.