Cauliflower Egg Bhurji Recipe with step by step photos. As a newly married girl when I was left alone in the kitchen initially this Cauliflower Egg Recipe came to my rescue. It is so simple and easy to prepare. It needs very minimal ingredients but tastes awesome.
This recipe was passed on to me by one of my colleagues and from then on it used to take a regular place in my kitchen.
Cauliflower Egg Burji goes very well with both Rice and Roti. Instead of the stovetop method, we can even use the baked Cauliflower version which will be similar to the cauliflower au gratin which tastes equally good. I will try to share that version soon!
Step by step Method with pictures:
3. Now move the cauliflower towards once side of the Kadai and then break open the 3 Eggs, Scramble and cook in a low flame till the eggs are completely done. Finally, mix together the Cauliflower and Eggs and give a good Stir and Switch off the flame. Serve hot with Rice or Roti.
This recipe was in my draft for a long time so when I had a quick look over my draft this caught my attention. I served my Cauliflower Egg burji with Steamed rice and Rasam.
Cauliflower Egg Burji | Cauliflower Egg Stir Fry
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Cauli Flower – ½ Floret
- Eggs – 3
- Onion – 1 big
- Green Chilli – 2
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds -1 tsp
- Channa Dal – 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves a spring
- Cut the cauliflower florets into small pieces and blanch them in water till they are half cooked by adding a pinch of turmeric powder and Salt. It will take about 5 mins. Switch off the flame and then strain the Cauliflower florets using a colander. Allow it to cool down, once cooled Chop them into small pieces, and set aside. In a Pan add in oil once it becomes hot add in Mustard Seeds let it splutter and then add in Channa Dal and Green Chilli saute for few secs and then add in the Curry Leaves
- Next add in the onion and cook till they become soft, Next add in the Chopped Cauliflower and then add in Turmeric powder, Salt, and Pepper powder, mix well and cook till they are fully done.
- Now move the cauliflower towards once side of the Kadai and then break open the 3 Eggs, Scramble and cook in a low flame till the eggs are completely done. Finally, mix together the Cauliflower and Eggs and give a good Stir and Switch off the flame. Serve hot with Rice or Roti.
· You can also add in some freshly grated coconut in the end before you switch off the flame. It gives a nice taste.
· Add salt carefully as we have already added Salt while cooking Cauliflower.