Nungu Paal or Plamfruit milk is a refreshing chilled summer drink made with palm fruit. We prepare it by creaming the fruit with milk and sugar.
Nungu Paal Recipe| Ice Apple Milk with Step by step photos. Nungu Ice Apple is a famous summer fruit and is best known for its cooling effects. It keeps the body chill during the hot summer. In my native especially during summer, there will be plenty of street vendors selling Nungu and I miss the same here in Chennai. However last week I could source some and happily made this Nungu Paal (Milk).
Check the Nungu Sarbath recipe too which is a famous summer street drink.
How to make Iceapple Milk
2. In a blender add in Sugar, Cardamom pods and 1 ice apple chopped and blend to a fine puree.
3. Take a serving glass Add the ground ice apple sugar puree, add the remaining ice apple pieces.
4. Finally add in the milk and mix well. Garnish with nuts and serve.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates from me.
Nungu Paal | Plamfruit milk
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- 3 Ice Apple / nungu
- 3 tsp Sugar
- 2 Cardamom
- 1 cup Chilled Milk
- Nuts to garnish
- Remove the outer skin from ice apple and chop them into small pieces.
- In a blender add in Sugar, Cardamom pods and 1 ice apple chopped and blend to a fine puree.
- Take a serving glass Add the ground ice apple sugar puree, add the remaining ice apple pieces.
- Finally add in the milk and mix well. Garnish with nuts and serve.
· You can also add few blanched almonds and grind them along with ice apple.
· Always add boiled and then chilled milk.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used