Watermelon Lemonade is a yummy summer drink made of Watermelon, Lemon Juice, and any sweetener. It is super refreshing and hydrates the body.
Summer is all about drinks, juices, and fruits. In fact, the best thing about summer is we get to enjoy some lovely seasonal fruits. Watermelon is one of the fruits which is naturally sweet and hence we can enjoy guilt free.
Enjoy as much as you can, it is high in water content and it's a perfect summer fruit. So here is one yummy lemonade with Watermelon to enjoy during the hot summer days.
What is a Lemonade
Lemonade is a sweetened lemon flavored drink. It is usually prepared with water, lemon, and any sweetener. You may add sugar, honey, Simple syrup, or any as you prefer. In some counties, there is also a practice to add soft carbonated water to the drinks. These days lemonades with fruits are also getting popular.
In India Lemonade has a very common name as "Nimbu pani". It literally translates to "Lemon Water" in English. We also add Ginger and Mint, it adds so much flavor to the Lemonade.
Cloudy Lemonade is very popular in the US, where they add carbonated water to the drink. Another variation to this is the Pink Lemonade where they add fruits to the lemonade.
Watermelon Lemonade is a very popular summer fruit drink. The fruit itself is high in water content and hence we comparatively add less water. It is way too delicious and a most requested drink. Watermelon with lemon flavor is a good thirst quencher.
Watermelon lemonade cocktail
Cocktails are very popular during the summer. The cocktail is an alcoholic fruit juice. Small traces of alcohol is added to the fruit juice. So along with the Watermelon vodka or Tequila or Gin is usually mixed. Using a pitcher all the juices are well combined and served with crushed ice cubes
Healthy Watermelon Lemonade
On a healthy note, I will ideally prepare a sugar free watermelon lemonade. As we all know the watermelon is naturally sweet and hence we can skip the sugar. However, I am adding only a very small quantity. Or you can also replace honey in place of sugar.
For the Vegan Watermelon Lemonade, you may use Maple syrup or Agave. For a Ketogenic Watermelon Lemonade, you can use coconut sugar.
Ingredients for Watermelon Lemonade
Watermelon - Use good quality ripe and sweet watermelon. Not to worry about the seeds in the watermelon we will strain and then serve the juice.
Sweetener - This is totally optional, if the fruits are really sweet you may skip or add. Sugar, honey or agave, or coconut sugar, add any as you prefer.
Ginger, Mint leaves - Ginger and Mint give a yummy flavor. Also they are good for digestion.
Lemon -Adjust and add as per your preference.
- Keep ice cubes ready for serving.
- Have the Watermelon chopped by removing the rind. Do not worry about the seeds. We will strain the juice after blending.
- Have the Mint leaves cleaned for garnishing the lemonade.
How to make watermelon lemonade
1. In a blender add in 4 cups of watermelon cubes. Also add in 1 cup of Water
2. Along with them add in a small piece of ginger. Preferably 1 inch piece.
3. Next add in 2 tbsp of Sugar. You may skip if your watermelons are really sweet. Or you can use Maple syrup, Agave, or honey. Any sweeteners as per your preference.
4. Blend well and pass through a strainer to remove the discards. Press with the spoon to extract the juice.
5. Now add in the Lemon Juice and mix well. You can add ice cubes if you prefer. Serve chilled with some Mint Leaves as a garnish.
Healthy and yummy summer drink is ready to serve.
Storage Suggestions & Variations
- The juice stays good in the fridge for 2 days.
- If you are looking to store them for a longer duration you can freeze them. Freeze by pouring in the ice tray.
- Once they are frozen you may transfer them to the zip lock bags and freeze them for up to 6 mins.
- While using you can add the ice cubes to the blender and carry out the usual process.
- You can also mix other fruits along with the watermelon. Pineapple goes really well. Check my Watermelon Pineapple Juice too.
- Other options are you may add Tender coconut water, Strawberry.
- Add Rose essence to prepare Rose flavor Lemonade.
More Lemonade Recipes
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ?
- 4 cups Watermelon
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Mint Leaves for garnish
- In a blender add in 4 cups of watermelon cubes. Also add in 1 cup of Water
- Along with them add in a small piece of ginger. Preferably 1 inch piece.
- Next add in 2 tbsp of Sugar. You may skip if your watermelons are really sweet. Or you can use Maple syrup, Agave, or honey. Any sweeteners as per your preference.
- Blend well and pass through a strainer to remove the discards. Press with the spoon to extract the juice.
- Now add in the Lemon Juice and mix well. You can add ice cubes if you prefer. Serve chilled with some Mint Leaves as a garnish.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.