Whole wheat chocolate chip muffins is a healthy and delicious mini chocolate treats. It is soft and moist perfect afterschool snack.
Even since I started baking I had in mind to bake muffins with wheat flour. I was also conscious that the wheat muffins should not compromise in taste and texture when compared to the muffins made with white flour. So here is the recipe which I have tried, tested, and trusted. A Whole Wheat Choco chip muffin, the added advantage is that it is eggless and butterless also. I have skipped castor sugar and added brown sugar.
Now that we have so many excuses to bake this healthy muffin and eat it without any guilt. Taste wise and texture wise also it’s equally good. Give it a try everyone and enjoy your muffins with a cup of milk.
how to prepare healthy chocolate chip muffins
- You can replace brown sugar with Jaggery or cane sugar too.
- Using powdered sugar is recommended as it helps the sugar to dissolve easily.
- Don’t skip the sieving of the flour with baking powder and baking soda, as this helps in the even mixing of all the ingredients.
- Baking time may vary from oven to oven, so keep a check after 12 mins.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ? You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Whole wheat chocolate chip muffin
- Wheat Flour – 1 cup +2 tbsp For Tossing choco chips
- Brown Sugar – ½ cup
- Milk – ½ cup
- Flavourless Oil – ¼ cup
- Water – ⅛ cup
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
- Baking powder – ¼ tsp
- Baking soda – ¼ tsp
- Choco Chips – ¼ cup + 2 tbsp
- Line your Muffin tray with Muffin liners. In a large bowl add in the powdered brown sugar and then add in milk.
- Add in Oil and water .Mix everything really well with a whisk until all the ingredients are well combined. Make sure the sugar is also dissolved.
- Take the measured Choco chips in a bowl and add in 2 tbsp of Wheat flour and toss really well, such that all the Choco chips are coasted with flour. In another bowl take Wheat flour, Baking powder and Baking soda and sieve it twice or thrice until all the dry ingredients are well combined.
- Now combine the dry and wet ingredient little by little and combine well, make sure no lumps are there. Next add in the flour coated Choco chips and combine the batter really well with a spatula.
- Now pour the prepared batter into the lined Muffin cases. You can use an ice cream scoop/Ladle to pour the batter equally in to the muffin cases. Fill ¾ of the Muffin cases as the Muffins will raise while baking. Pre heat the oven in 180 deg C for 10 mins and then bake the muffins in 180 deg C for about 15-17 mins or a toothpick when inserted comes out clean.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.